from the None department...
R3/8" thread or BSTP?
Information resources, documentation. topic
Posted by Bill Parmentier on 21 August, 2002 - 5:23 pm
Is an R3/8" thread the same as BSTP? I have looked in many sources but the R threads are not positively identified as such. I have heard that this is a Whitworth thread but I haven't been able to verify that either.

Posted by Jonas Berge on 24 August, 2002 - 4:56 pm
I think the BSP thread is called "G" and is known as the parallel Whitworth. It is according to ISO 228, DIN 259 and BS 2779

I am not familiar with "R" but have seen "Rc", i.e. ISO 7/1 and tapered pressure tight connection known also as BS 21


Posted by dooley on 26 August, 2002 - 2:35 pm
R3/8 is ISO 7/1 series.. external tapered. See also BS 21, DIN 2999 and JIS B0203. It used to be "3/8 in., EXT" It has the same thread form (55 deg angle and identical depth spec) as Whitworth.

Vince Dooley

Posted by Anonymous on 25 March, 2003 - 12:37 pm
threads equivalent to BSPT (British Stanard Pipe-Tapered) are designated in germany as " R 3/8 KEG; in France as G 3/8 CO; in Japan as PT 3/8 in Britian as R 3/8.

The reference standards are DIN 2999 (GERMANY), BS 21 (Britian), and JIS B 0203 (JAPAN)

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

"Heisenberg may have slept here"
Advertise here
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive