Modbus Plus

R

Ranjan Acharya

Does anyone have a favourite lightning arrestor / in-line surge suppressor that does not mess up a Modbus Plus trunk run?

Thanks

RA

R

Robert Willis

Schneider Electric manufacures a lighting arrestor for Modbus Plus. The part number is 490NAC72100. Uses standard Modbus Plus cable, connectors, terminators and tools. Less than 1 bus load. Operates - 25 to +70 deg C.

Please contact your local distributor for pricing and availabilty.

Regards
Robert Willis
Square D Company
Houston, Texas

P

Paul Dackermann

You may want to consider Phoenix Contact. I have not employed a MB+ surge suppressor, however I have had great success with the ethernet, telephone, as well as the analogue, discrete and power suppressors.
Good luck!
Regards,
Paul Dackermann

D

Daniel Chartier

Hello, RA;
Have a look at Dehn & sons ( "www.dehn.de":http://www.dehn.de ). They specialize in lightning and surge protection, and have a protection system for fieldbus technology elements that they call "Blitzductor CT". You should find what you need in those sections.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

S
Phoenix Contact also makes a surge suppressor that works great with Modbus Plus. Their plug part number is PT5-HF-12DC-ST order number 2838775 and base part number is PT2x2+F-BE order number 2839224. This unit is plugable, so when/if your arrestor needs replaced it can be done without shuting down the network. This device protects 2 pairs, ie. the incoming and outgoing trunk cables both. It is rated class 1 Div. 2 as well. The unit is small and din rail mountable. I personally like it better than the one Modicon sells, but the Modicon one does work well and is "certified" for use on a Modbus Plus network.

R
I agree with Daniel, take a look at Dehn & sons www.dehn-usa. They specialize in lightning and surge protection and have specific "Blitzductor" units for most major fieldbus protocols, such as us Ethernet and Modbus ect.

If you don't find all the info you need for your Application requirement contact the local Houston, TX Rep.;

Process Solutions
[email protected]

Ray Zimbal
Mechatronics from EElectronical Solutions