advertisement
from the STEP 7 department...
Monitoring Variables in STEP 7
PLCs and related questions. topic
Posted by Reza Hasseli on 15 September, 2002 - 11:50 am
Thanks to Mr. Daneil Chartier whose helps are always useful, I have a new problem, when I monitor my program, I can not see the contents of my strings I can see the analog and digital values, but nothing is displayed for string variables what's wrong?

Posted by Daniel Chartier on 16 September, 2002 - 2:30 pm
Hello Reza:

2 ways I can think of:
1) in a VAT table, select "caracter" display; then set the addresses to be monitored byte per byte;
2) send the string to a SCADA or HMI; input-output boxes can handle strings, generally.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Posted by Simone Stefani on 24 September, 2002 - 2:26 pm
If you want to see all charter of your string and i.e your string is of 4 charters, you need to display all bytes addres of the string.

I.e.

1st charter of string is located in DB0.DBB0 (byte 0 of DB0)
The string is 4 cgarters long
To see all chartes of string you have to display DB0.DBD0 (Double word started from byte0 of DB0)

Bye.....

Simone Stefani
Elettrocommerciale S.r.l.
Divisione Automazione
Mailto:s.stefani@elettrocommerciale.it

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
It's illegal in Wilbur, Washington, to ride an ugly horse.
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive