InTouch OPC Server?

J

jarv

Hi All,
We receive a request to integrate a system that uses Wonderware InTouch with a third party system and we're wondering if Wonderware InTouch includes a OPC server that can be used to communicate data to another system that has a OPC client. The third party system has a OPC client. If not, what other method is available in INTouch to communicate to other systems?

Thanks in advance any replies are very much appreciated.

W

Walter Anderson

Have you looked into the Kepware Linkmaster, this can be used to allow the two systems to talk to each other at the OPC server level and not at the HMI level which would be less secure.

Intouch does not contain any OPC Server for the moment it only has a client browser OPCLINK / OPCBrowser free to download at wonderware website. but you can access any Intouch Machine via network by DDE, i mean more precisely NetDDE natively implemented in intouch.
If your familiar with Intouch you can try to get any Suitelink Client as Intouch can be seen as a Suitelink Server. But take care Suitelink is a complete wonderware implementation.
If you need any precision on how to connect via NetDDE just reply to my email ( "[email protected]", mailto:[email protected] ) ...

cordially...

M

M. Harisman - Integra Teknik

Wonderware InTouch with its OPC is acting as OPC Client.

As far we know, InTouch has no standard feature/module to expose their real-time database as OPC (Server) container.

However, you could purchase a third party "DDE to OPC Server" software, that we understand available to be purchased from most of the OPC developer companies.

M. Harisman
harisman(AT)integrateknik.com

I can't see that this OPCLink is free for download at wonderware website.
I need the OPCLink to connect to Beckhoff Twincat OPC server DA ver.3.00, don't I?
Do anyone have a direct link to this freeware? I would appreciate it. Thanx.

T

Tom Marshall

Wonderware is working on that server right now. However, Software Toolbox has one that they have written and is being beta tested. If you will call them at 704-849-2773, they will tell you all about it and probably let you try it for free.

Tom Marshall
(901) 494-1545

Were you successful getting this to work? Did it require any other software other than OPCLink and the Beckhoff OPC server??

I am a beginner myself and just finished research on this topic. Wonderware InTouch does not have an OPC server but does have an OPC link which can communicate tags to a commercially available server. Good luck.

[email protected]

In my factory there are many PLC, example Siemens, ABB, Omron, Allen Bradly, etc. And for HMI we use wonderware intouch. Please give me explain about what kind driver for connect PLC to wonderware intouch...??
thanks...