Siemens CP5511 and Windows XP

M

Max Penninger

I have a problem with my Siemens CP5511. I want to use it with my new Notebook (HP Omnibook XE4500) running Windows XP Professional. When I connect the dongle to the CP while Windows XP is running, the PC does not react any more - when I remove the dongle, Windows continues running. When the dongle is connected at boot-time, Windows does not start!

I installed CardWizard for Windows NT, which the result, that Windows was able to boot - but I still cannot use the CP5511 with S7.

I have also installed the CP5511 in a different Notebook (I think it's been a Gericom) running Windows XP and everthing was running perfectly.

Can anybody help me? Or do I have to buy a CP5512 (as Nürnberg recommended me)?

i got it to work, there is a free exe file downloadable from Siemens support which can help you.

M

Maguire, Kevin

Yes, you need to buy the CP5512. It works for WinXP and 2000. You will also need Simatic Net CD v6.1.

T

Thorsten Neumann

Under XP you doesn't need any CardWizards. This should be the problem on your system.

I'm using the CP5511 with my Notebook and XP and have no problems. The inf-Tool from the Siemens-Webpage must be used to run the card with W2k and XP.

greetings
T. Neumann

i use Dell 510M Notebook with XP SP2 & Step7 v5.2
SP1 connecting s7-315-2dp via CP5511 is no any problem, but hp presario 2800 not . you can try it!

D

Danny Peschke

I used to run my CP5511 on an old compac armada E500 under the windows 98 platform. everything was fine.

I switched over to a HP xe9500 running the windows XP platform.

I dowloaded the cp5511ini.exe patch for the siemens webpage. it took more that one try, but i eventually got the card working. so i don't think it's necessary to go to the cp5512 card.