Protool scripts

R

Rodrigo

I would like to know if anyone has ever used scripts in protool for unscheduled tag archiving?
In other words I need help to write a script for the function of start archiving and stop archiving!
Any help will be greatly appreciate.

thanks

P
There is no need to write scripts to perform this function, they are already included as standard functions in ProTool. The two functions are
Start_Archiving and Stop_Archiving. You can use these functions on a pushbutton event, a change value in a tag event, an alarm or event message
event. Or you can call this function from within a script whenever a certain condition is met. For instance:

Dim startA
Dim stopA
startA=0
Do Until startA = 1000
startA=startA+1
Loop
Call PtFct.Start_Archiving(PtArc.ARCHIV_1)

stopA=0
Do Until stopA=1000
stopA=stopA+1
Loop
Call PtFct.Stop_Archiving(PtArc.ARCHIV_1)

You can call this script on any event.

If you are in the U.S you can call any Siemens Energy & Automation
Application engineer and they will give you pointers on how to do this or
call the U.S. hotline @ 1-800-333-7421. Most likely if the project is real
complex they will call me.

Ron

Well. Ihave tried it in Protool 5.2 SP3 and it does not work. In Protool 6.0 it works. And offcourse Siemens will deny the case. But beleive me it doesnot work. Any way you have to check the following:
The tag that starts and stops the archive should be read continously. Open the tag properties and chech that the tag is set to be read continously. As a matter of fact if the tag is not used in the screen displayed the tag will not be acquired and no change of value event can occur. Furthermore the scripts work good for most of the function with one exception the archive functions.