Quantum to Magelis communication

M

Martin Roberts

I am having problems communicating via Modbus from Quantum PLC's to Magelis units. The lead I have made up works okay with CPU424 and CPU434 processors but will not work with CPU113 and CPU213 processors (comes up unable to write to dialogue table - xbtfc044130).
Has anyone got a solution to this problem?

D

Darrell Wrubleski

The port pinout on the Quantum is the same from the 113 to the 534. Your problem might be in the address of the Controller, or the address that the Magelis is trying to read the dialog table from in the PLC does not exist or is not setup properly on the 113 and 213 you are using.

Hope this helps.
Darrell Wrubleski
Guillevin Automation

B
There is no difference in using Modbus with the Magelis terminals to the 113/213 Quantum processors and the 434/534 processors.

So
1. are you addressing out of the state table references configured in the 113/213 processors
2. is the Modbus comm port switch on the front of the PLC in the correct position? This can affect both protocol and address.
3. did you configure the Magelis to use the Authorization word? If you did and the contents of the word are not correct then reading the dialogue table will not work.

M

Martin Roberts

For trials I have used offline PLC's with exactly the same configurations (except for PLC type), there was no authorisation word being used and all switches are identical on the PLC's - Am I correct in thinking that the PLC executive may be the problem