RSview32 Database load error

M

Modicon2

Greetings,

I need some help with the problem listed below. I'm running RSView32 ver.6.3.

Problem:
When RSView32 attempts to open a project, it stops at 50% and the Watcom SQL ODBC Login Screen appears with a username "tagdb" and a password "******". When pressing "OK" to login, the following error message is displayed and the project is not loaded: RSView - Database Conversion Failed Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine.

Unsucessful Solutions I've tried:
1)
a) Click on the "User DSN" tab.
b) Click on the name of the RSView32 project listed under "User Data Sources".
c) Click the "Remove" button to remove the RSView32 project entry from the User Data Sources.

2) Unistall RSview32 --- Manually delete RTDSK40.exe --- Reinstall RSView32

I still get the same error message!!!
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Had a similar problem recently with RSview cache becoming corrupt. Although not exactly the same problem worth deleting the cache and see if it works.

To prevent problem we had re-occuring I wrote a utility to delete the cache, then start RSview. If it would be useful you can download it here http://www.tech24.co.uk/download/rsviewD.zip

R

Rocco F. Dominick

The error you mentioned occurs because you have configured RSView32 to be a NetDDE server, but you have not started the Windows Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM services. You can configure these to automatically start in the Windows 2000 Control Panel under Administrative Tools-> Services. Double-click the two services and change the startup type to "Automatic". The next time you reboot Windows, you should not see this error.

Regards,
Rocky

The services Rocky mentioned were not started. I configured them to automatic and started them. I still get the same error.

I am beginning to think that the copy of the program may be corrupt because I can create a new project and open it without any problems.

When you have configured RSView32 to be a NetDDE server, is that specific to each project or RSView32 software?

Thanks again for all the help!

I got the Watcom SQL login screen as well. Just before breaking down in tears, I realized the project was on the network. I copied it to my computer and opened it no problem! (I had a newer version of RS View 32, so the first thing it did was update the project, this may have had something to do with it...)

B
> I got the Watcom SQL login screen as well. Just before breaking down in tears, I realized the project was on the
> network. I copied it to my computer and opened it no problem! (I had a newer version of RS View 32, so the first
> thing it did was update the project, this may have had something to do with it...)

Same problem, same solution for me. Make sure the project is on your local hard drive!