Current 1000A to 4-20 mA

B

Bhartesh Doshi

Hi All,

I want to acquire data from motor. The current range measures from 100 A to 1000 A. I want this data in PC. I have a data acquisition module which accepts 2-10 VDc or 4-20 mA.

ANY solution please...

Thanks,
Bhartesh Doshi

Using a precision resistor and loop isolator such as a Weidmuller wave series you will be able to convert the 0-1amp signal to a 0-10V signal which would wire to the input of the isolator. From there you can setup the output of the loop isolator as either 4-20mA or 2-10Vdc, whichever you prefer.

A

Aenollah Siavoshi

Hello

You need a C.T. (current transformer) for your range and then a E/I (voltage-to-current) converter.

D

David McGuire

I used a Current Transformer CT 1000:5 to provide the current signal to a Powertek M100-AA1, AC Current Transducer. This module takes the 1000:5A signal and provides a proportional 4-20mA output to your data logger.
Powertek website is www.powertekuk.com. They are very helpful and will advise the correct CT and transducer for your application.

Get a current transformer wiht a 1000amp to 5 amp ratio. Then a company called weidmuller have a unit the call decipack which you can convert 5 amps to 4-20mA.

hope that helps... matt

W

William Delatorre

Install a 1000 A to 5 A current transformer on each phase and at the output of each transformer install a 5 A to 4-20 mA converter. A more sophisticated way it to install a soft starter that includes a 4-20 mA sample for each phase.

W. Delatorre

What you need is a current sensing device that will convert the motor current to a 4-20 mA signal.

http://www.veris.com

Veris make devices such as these.

You might want to look at a Hawkeye 6810-2400 series model.

JB

M

Matthew Hyatt

there are plenty of CTs out there which handle this current range and provide a 4-20 ma output.

Just buy one!

M
I guess it is AC. Get a current transformer (CT) of 1000:1 and a 1 Amp AC to 4-20 mA transducer.

Meir

try Carlos Gavazzi. They have CT's and module that does all the calculation. And you have a Normally open relay or transistor output when the current exceeds a certain setpoint. And this set point is adjustable as well.