Flow Help Needed

J

Josh

I need to measure the mass flow rate of oxygen in a small pipe. Tests are run through this pipe for 7 seconds, and the supply pressure changes every time. The supply pressure ranges from around 40-100 psig. It is in comp flow. Without spending the big bucks on a flowmeter, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Josh

C

ControlNovice

For accuracy, I'd recommend a coriolis meter. MicroMotion is the more expensive, but other manufacturers are reasonable.

A problem with Coriolis maybe: it sounds like you are emptying the pipe between tests. Coriolis meters needs to stay filled.

S

Standard Plan

Inexpensive DP devices can be used such as an orifice or flow nozzle. With a little electronics a very fast and reasonably accurate system can be put together. We have built such systems and find them highly reliable and responsive.

John Catch
http://www.inflowinc.com

it's oxygen... how can it be empty? The condition you are decsribing is "slug" flow and only happens when air or liquid changes the density that the flow meter is looking for... I'd try the Micro Motion... they do Gas best.

Cheers!!
R

M

Matthew Hyatt

Actually, O2 is a lot different than air. And you can empty a line of the gas your trying to measure. Otherwise, your conrrect in recommending a MM meter, a small unit, would solve this metering issue quickly.