How to use VB for programming

I

Irene

Hello everybody here...

i'm a physics student who currently took up a project for my final year project. The project is to run a dc motor by hctl1100 controller with feedback device (optical encoder). I'm now facing problem cause don't know well on how the programming process actually run.

I was told to read the datasheet of the controller then write the program using VB to control the motor. But then I told by another that I should write the program to run the motor after know well about the Standard Parallel Port features. I'll use SPP for interfacing. I'm confused now where's the place i need to focus on.

I had study on Windows API, Inpout32.dll, mscomm... but I stil can't get a clear picture where can i start from... Anybody here can help? I'ld appreciate it.

make a program with vb to control the motor. you should probably send some bytes to drive the motor... the parallel port configuration is something you can add later. for serial port is very easy using the mscomm application. there is plenty of information at vb help...

E

Erkan Cedimoglu

hello,

I saw your message 8/18/04. Don't know if you found a method yet. I worked on the same type of project with LM629. tied it to a 8255 and wrote the code to talk to LM629 from the PC with qbasic. was able generate controlled motion. Even tried running the same code under MS Access and surprised to see it work. If you need further guidence let me know I will try to document what I did for you.

Erkan Cedimoglu

Hi,

Thanks for ur concern. I'm stil working on the project now. The progress is quite slow cause i stil need to go school and also work on other assignment.

I found out that i really need to know more about the motor controller first before going through Standard Parallel Port interfacing. Before that, I was really confused whether i need to focus on sending data through SPP pin or controller pin when i write the vb program.

Any advice from you i"ld appreciate it. I stil don't have any problem right now cause i stil not yet finishing the program yet.

Thanks.

Dir Sir,

I would like you to help me in my final project. I have read that you worked on the Lm629. I'm trying to do it but it didn't work. i must do it to graduate this semester.

I will appreciate it alot if you help me, or if you can send me some sample programs to make it run.

my email is [email protected]
thnx

hi erkan,

i'm doing precisely what you did. please forward me the details qbasic pgs and the circuit. thanks for your help.

F

Fabio Alonso

Hi,
I am using the HCTL1100 to control a stepper.
I am using Build C++ to develop a drive that communicates through 2 PPorts. One to data trasfer other to Control the chip.

Some devices:
(1) At PC boot go to setup and change the PPort to EPP mode, not the standard or else u wont read from the chip

(2) U will need a Oscilloscope of at least 100MHZ
to check if the write/read commands are Ok. (see HCLT data sheet)

(3) Pay attention that when u write commands they need to be sincronized to the sample timer!!!

(4) Try to use a 8051 to it, as sincronizing the HCTL with a PC could be quit frustrating !!!

Need help? So do I. write me!