Unprotecting S7 blocks

S

Sidney

Hello,

I'm really interested in a way to unprotect S7 blocks cause I started work in a company which has a program with some blocks protected and the person who makes the code doesn't work here anymore and we don't know how can I do it.

Please, answer this mail.

Thanks

Sidney

M

Matthew Hyatt

You will need the password he used to protect the blocks. So find a way to track this guy down. From what I have learned in the last few monhs of Siemens PLC coding, there is no default password. You can try going into the system configuration and turning off the password protection there, but my understanding is that it will not effect protected blocks or POUs.

Good luck.

T

Thomas Hergenhahn

Either go to:
http://www.runmode.com and look for a software named "canOpener" or get yourself a software that can manipulate dBase data, find out in what files your blocks are stored (I forgot), load them and look for some flag named "protected" or "know-how-protect" or the like. Do this with a copy of your data, as you may destroy the files.

You can do it wery simple way.
Please, follow these instructions:
1) Download and install DBF Viewer 2000 (from Internet)
2) Start DBF Viewer and open the following file:
- Subblk.dbf. It will be located in similar folder like this: s7projectname\ombstx\offline\00000001
3) in the column of 'PASSWORD' find and change the values of '3' to '0'
4) Close the DBF Viewer
5) That's all

J

Jong Yuan Onn

Dear Reader,

Referring to the previous article, i tried to use the DB viewer (unregistered version) to unlock the S7 block. After unlocking, i checked that the properties of the block contained "character error " e.g. .char 7. error. Could someone explain why does this happen, what would be the problem when we load the program back to the PLC? All opinions are welcome... and appreciated.

L

Luciano Vasconcelos

Dear Yong,

The previous unprotecting procedure (DB Viewer) is sucessful?

Luciano Vasconcelos