Today is...
Friday, December 19, 2014
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Advertisement
Featured Video...
Featured Video
A quick introduction to EtherCAT for motion control and I/O...
Advertisement
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Simplex Fire Alarm System 4100U
Simplex Fire Alarm System 4100U Programming Software.

Can any one has an idea that Simplex provides (sell) programming software for there 4100U FACP or it is only exclusive for Simplex Distributers???

Simplex does not have distributors. They will sell the software if the customer agrees to sign off on liabilities. This makes the customer completely liable for the system. It's not recommended to do this, but it can be done.

Fire Alarm Sales Rep. for Simplex

As a Simplex Tech. Rep. for many years, I can tell you that the customer should be able to have any other qualified company reprogram their panel, and I stress their panel. The program software should be available to any qualified technician whether they are a Simplex technician or not. I still work on all Simplex panels because my customers can't wait weeks for a Simplex rep. I have over the years watched customers rip out a good Simplex panel 2 or 3 years old because the customer could not get it serviced in a timely fashion because of the proprietary software issue. It was stressed to me many times that we had to tell our customers they had to use a Simplex tech rep. to make program changes to their system. The statement that they should not have it programmed by another company is wrong. Sir, buy the software, get a qualified local technician and get the work done that way.

I need the 4100U programming software. Can you
please tell me where I can buy it?

Tom Ferris
Colmax Fire & Security
email me at tom&colmaxsecurity. com
Thank you.

If you want a tech that is not factory certified programming on your 4100U you're nuts, Simplex panels are very complex. You're dealing with Life Safety.

By Kenny Moreno on 18 August, 2013 - 9:16 am

>If you want a tech that is not factory
>certified programming on your 4100U
>you're nuts, Simplex panels are very
>complex. You're dealing with Life
>Safety.

I've been working for OMBS Security Systems for over 2 years now and, our main jobs are usually on simplex FACU's. My boss recently had all of us take classes in 4100u programming and let me tell you that simplex has certainly made it simple with programming. Yes you can create custom commands that will not work if you write out the equation wrong in the program. But the program itself has an error check feature which test your equations before ever downloading the program that you just created or revised into >the panel.

So simplex panels aren't as complex as you say. So no you don't need a factory certified tech to come and program your panel. What you need is any certified local company can program you 4100u just make sure they know what they are doing.

Can you email me (g-k [at] comcast.net) regarding your comments? I do not want to take this up in this forum for those not interested.

Thank you.

Simplex does have distributors, except for NY they are mainly outside US. They have been trained on the systems and are authorised to program and distribute parts. For more info

admin@PositiveControl.co.uk.

dear sir i a have parallel port dongle but key missing. from where i can find these key? i checked dongle it is not written on the dongle.

please help me

pls send a complete file of cataloges for simplex fire alarm system 4100U including all devices detection and monitoring and so thanks for your cooperation.

Can you get your hands on programming software?

By Anonymous on 15 April, 2007 - 5:42 am

Depends on what version of software and if you have a "key" that goes into the printer port.

Simplex won't sell you their software. I worked for Simplex for 3 years and they make their employees sign waivers when they give you programs keys so that you won't distribute program information. Good Luck with that...

Someone donated a Simplex Life Alarm Fire Alarm System 4001 (the box for on the wall) to our non-profit company to sell to raise money. What is it worth? Do you know anyone we can sell it to?
krweaver614@hotmail.com

By Konstantin on 28 June, 2009 - 6:32 am

Also need key for 4100U Programmer software. If somebody can help with providing this software, please contact to me:
kbol [at] mail.ru

Have you found any information regarding the 4100 software key, and do you know of anyone who has purchased the software from Simplex?

By Ashwani Kumar on 20 July, 2009 - 12:49 am

it can be download from net, but you need to buy dongal from for programming. you can also attend training program, which is conducted by simplex time to time.

ashwani

my 4100u programmer (12.01.06) goes with error "dll could not be found, please install security service" (on win98) as another programmer (11.08) works well on the same OS. could anyone tell me reason? what's that security service?

12.01.06 was written for a USB dongle. You can still use the old dongle. However, you need to install the Sentinel Protection Installer first.

when installing simplex network card to computer it gives kod 10 warning. what can i do?

Pls help me, how can upgrade the Simplex 4100 Fire alarm systems to Simplex 4100/7023 (Master Redundant controller) or Simplex 4100U? any information about this , let tell me via email address.

Thanks so much,

All you have to do is to replace the master controller card and the display board in order to convert 4100 in 4100U

Regards

> 12.01.06 was written for a USB dongle. You can still use the old dongle.
> However, you need to install the Sentinel Protection Installer first.

in my ESprogrammer 1.02 "dll could not found, please instal security service"..so,what can i do?

By Bruno Cardoso on 18 July, 2011 - 12:18 pm

> Can any one has an idea that Simplex
> provides (sell) programming software for
> there 4100U FACP or it is only exclusive
> for Simplex Distributers???

somebody know where can i download the programming download cable datasheet from FACP 4100U? I'm need mount a cable.

thanks

By Bob Chauvin....LOL on 22 July, 2011 - 6:49 pm

>> Can any one has an idea that Simplex
>> provides (sell) programming software for
>> there 4100U FACP or it is only exclusive
>> for Simplex Distributers???
>
>somebody know where can i download the
>programming download cable datasheet
>from FACP 4100U? I'm need mount a
>cable.

What exactly r u looking for?

Can we program our simplex panel to dial the fire department? Is there a way I can program it?

jeremytnoel@gmail.com

> Can we program our simplex panel to dial the fire department? Is there a way I can program it?

You should use a simplex technician.