advertisement
from the Automation List department...
Simplex Fire Alarm System 4100U
Software, including programming, OS issues, etc. topic
Posted by ANA on 5 June, 2005 - 10:08 am
Can any one has an idea that Simplex provides (sell) programming software for there 4100U FACP or it is only exclusive for Simplex Distributers???

Posted by Anonymous on 22 October, 2005 - 12:53 am
Simplex does not have distributors. They will sell the software if the customer agrees to sign off on liabilities. This makes the customer completely liable for the system. It's not recommended to do this, but it can be done.

Fire Alarm Sales Rep. for Simplex

Posted by Anonymous on 24 April, 2007 - 12:07 am
As a Simplex Tech. Rep. for many years, I can tell you that the customer should be able to have any other qualified company reprogram their panel, and I stress their panel. The program software should be available to any qualified technician whether they are a Simplex technician or not. I still work on all Simplex panels because my customers can't wait weeks for a Simplex rep. I have over the years watched customers rip out a good Simplex panel 2 or 3 years old because the customer could not get it serviced in a timely fashion because of the proprietary software issue. It was stressed to me many times that we had to tell our customers they had to use a Simplex tech rep. to make program changes to their system. The statement that they should not have it programmed by another company is wrong. Sir, buy the software, get a qualified local technician and get the work done that way.

Posted by Tom Ferris on 25 August, 2007 - 12:24 am
I need the 4100U programming software. Can you
please tell me where I can buy it?

Tom Ferris
Colmax Fire & Security
email me at tom&colmaxsecurity. com
Thank you.

Posted by Frank on 9 October, 2008 - 11:26 pm
If you want a tech that is not factory certified programming on your 4100U you're nuts, Simplex panels are very complex. You're dealing with Life Safety.

Posted by Kenny Moreno on 18 August, 2013 - 9:16 am
>If you want a tech that is not factory
>certified programming on your 4100U
>you're nuts, Simplex panels are very
>complex. You're dealing with Life
>Safety.

I've been working for OMBS Security Systems for over 2 years now and, our main jobs are usually on simplex FACU's. My boss recently had all of us take classes in 4100u programming and let me tell you that simplex has certainly made it simple with programming. Yes you can create custom commands that will not work if you write out the equation wrong in the program. But the program itself has an error check feature which test your equations before ever downloading the program that you just created or revised into >the panel.

So simplex panels aren't as complex as you say. So no you don't need a factory certified tech to come and program your panel. What you need is any certified local company can program you 4100u just make sure they know what they are doing.

Posted by Gerry on 15 July, 2009 - 6:24 pm
Can you email me (g-k [at] comcast.net) regarding your comments? I do not want to take this up in this forum for those not interested.

Thank you.

Posted by AK on 14 March, 2011 - 9:57 am
Simplex does have distributors, except for NY they are mainly outside US. They have been trained on the systems and are authorised to program and distribute parts. For more info

admin@PositiveControl.co.uk.

Posted by samad on 26 November, 2011 - 1:46 am
dear sir i a have parallel port dongle but key missing. from where i can find these key? i checked dongle it is not written on the dongle.

please help me

Posted by Anonymous on 15 February, 2006 - 8:54 pm
pls send a complete file of cataloges for simplex fire alarm system 4100U including all devices detection and monitoring and so thanks for your cooperation.

Posted by Anonymous on 24 March, 2007 - 12:45 am
Can you get your hands on programming software?

Posted by Anonymous on 15 April, 2007 - 5:42 am
Depends on what version of software and if you have a "key" that goes into the printer port.

Posted by fire guy on 30 January, 2009 - 2:37 pm
Simplex won't sell you their software. I worked for Simplex for 3 years and they make their employees sign waivers when they give you programs keys so that you won't distribute program information. Good Luck with that...

Posted by Kelly on 18 April, 2009 - 4:20 pm
Someone donated a Simplex Life Alarm Fire Alarm System 4001 (the box for on the wall) to our non-profit company to sell to raise money. What is it worth? Do you know anyone we can sell it to?
krweaver614@hotmail.com

Posted by Konstantin on 28 June, 2009 - 6:32 am
Also need key for 4100U Programmer software. If somebody can help with providing this software, please contact to me:
kbol [at] mail.ru

Posted by Gerry on 15 July, 2009 - 6:08 pm
Have you found any information regarding the 4100 software key, and do you know of anyone who has purchased the software from Simplex?

Posted by Ashwani Kumar on 20 July, 2009 - 12:49 am
it can be download from net, but you need to buy dongal from for programming. you can also attend training program, which is conducted by simplex time to time.

ashwani

Posted by Tk on 4 August, 2009 - 10:37 am
my 4100u programmer (12.01.06) goes with error "dll could not be found, please install security service" (on win98) as another programmer (11.08) works well on the same OS. could anyone tell me reason? what's that security service?

Posted by Ray Mack on 8 September, 2009 - 5:56 pm
12.01.06 was written for a USB dongle. You can still use the old dongle. However, you need to install the Sentinel Protection Installer first.

Posted by frozen on 15 September, 2009 - 10:58 am
when installing simplex network card to computer it gives kod 10 warning. what can i do?

Posted by KT on 19 February, 2010 - 10:01 am
Pls help me, how can upgrade the Simplex 4100 Fire alarm systems to Simplex 4100/7023 (Master Redundant controller) or Simplex 4100U? any information about this , let tell me via email address.

Thanks so much,

Posted by Abbas on 20 February, 2010 - 10:14 am
All you have to do is to replace the master controller card and the display board in order to convert 4100 in 4100U

Regards

Posted by cux on 19 January, 2012 - 4:26 am
> 12.01.06 was written for a USB dongle. You can still use the old dongle.
> However, you need to install the Sentinel Protection Installer first.

in my ESprogrammer 1.02 "dll could not found, please instal security service"..so,what can i do?

Posted by Bruno Cardoso on 18 July, 2011 - 12:18 pm
> Can any one has an idea that Simplex
> provides (sell) programming software for
> there 4100U FACP or it is only exclusive
> for Simplex Distributers???

somebody know where can i download the programming download cable datasheet from FACP 4100U? I'm need mount a cable.

thanks

Posted by Bob Chauvin....LOL on 22 July, 2011 - 6:49 pm
>> Can any one has an idea that Simplex
>> provides (sell) programming software for
>> there 4100U FACP or it is only exclusive
>> for Simplex Distributers???
>
>somebody know where can i download the
>programming download cable datasheet
>from FACP 4100U? I'm need mount a
>cable.

What exactly r u looking for?

Posted by JT on 2 December, 2011 - 1:29 pm
Can we program our simplex panel to dial the fire department? Is there a way I can program it?

jeremytnoel@gmail.com

Posted by Scott on 27 December, 2011 - 10:25 pm
> Can we program our simplex panel to dial the fire department? Is there a way I can program it?

You should use a simplex technician.

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
If a camel is a horse designed by a committee, then a consensus
forecast is a camel's behind.
-- Edgar R. Fiedler
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive