Connectivity between GE Mark IV Controller and OSIsoft PI System

• Thread starter Shekhar Mohanty, India
  • Start date
S

Shekhar Mohanty, India

Hi,

I want to communicate with OSIsoft PI System with GE Mark IV Controller. I don't know much about GE Mark IV Controller. Is GE Mark IV Controller send data at 1 millisecond interval? Does this controller support Modbus? Can anybody advise me how do I connect GE Mark IV Controller with PI system?

Thanks in advance.

Shekhar

GE Mk IV SpeedTronic turbine control panels do support MODBUS communications, do not support time-tagging of MODBUS data, and cannot provide data over MODBUS at a 1 msec rate.

V
One way would be to use an OPC Server. You need to find out the protocols that GE Mark IV controller supports to give data at your rate (1 ms) and then scout for an OPC Server. Then you can use PI as an OPC Client.

Vipul Shah
Mumbai,India
www.egenietech.com

My partner and I have developed a hardware that has proven to consistently pick up all data streams from the remote panel -if this is your case- and data clasified and damped under Modbus protocol to a DCS platform. The speed will not match 1 msec as you are looking for, but data is as fresh as interchanged between the local and remote panels, good enough for operations managment. (On the same base we have developed a hardware to directly replace the CRT by a standard VGA monitor).

H

Hassan Tariq

Does any one found any solution to get the data from Mark IV turbine in less than 100 ms. If yes please do let me know.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq
Application & Solutions Manager
Sensys Pvt Ltd.

W

Wassim Daoud

Have you tried MatrikonOPC's Server for Mark VI? It provides access to both the real-time data (with millisecond accuracy), as well as SOE (Sequence of Events) data from the turbine controllers, using the timestamps from the controller.

Here is a link to it: http://is.gd/iimqx

Wassim Daoud
Global Solutions Architect