rsview me trend database

M

mat

does anyone know how to use rsview me trending files to store on a database and retrieve the trend at a later date? with my current application i can only have about 2 days of information in the trend database before it starts writing over its self. it would be nice to be able to browse the trends from say 2 weeks ago with ease.

cheers

You should be able to add a compact flash card to the Panelview+. Then change the path of the trend database to the CF card. I am not sure of the maximum size CF card supported by the Panelview+. The time it takes to fill the CF card depends on the CF card size, number of data points, and frequency the data is logged. To browse the data, you could import the trend database into MSExcel by using two file available from the AB Knowledgebase. The two files are called DlgConverter.exe and DBFtoXLS.exe. The first file converts the database to two DBF files. The second file converts the two DBF files to MSExcel. If you had 2 CF cards you might be able to remove the 1st CF card and insert the 2nd, then import the 1st CF card data into MSExcel. Do a search of the AB Knowledgebase for more detail.

Good Luck

that would work. you can also write the data file to a server on a network but this is no good to us. the file uses fifo style format and has a limit of 300,000 data entries. the problem is there does not seem any easy way to log the data to a server file day by day plus excel only supports 65,000 entries.

any other ideas?

P
I am sorry that I do not have a practical answer to your problem with the limit of the rsview trend database to 300,000 entries just as I do not have to the 721 active alarm limit in FactoryLink but I find these limits arbitary and amazing. Perhaps they reflect the historical beginnings of the products in some way. Can I boast that we have one implementation that has a trend database (we call it Vlogger) collecting over 8 million entries a second and holding data until the user runs out of disk in the file system. Of course, most readers here could not imagine the need for this but it is always nice to know that there is no limit to hit ones head on in the future.

Peter Clout Vista Control Systems, Inc. http://www.vista-control.com

I could be a bit confused, but here is what I am doing in RSView32 Works.

The trending file is set up in the Data Log section. There is an option to start a new file on a periodic basis. I am logging three different files with new files starting everyday. The files are in .dbf form, which Excel imports with ease, but Access does not seem to understand, Office 2003. Importing the files into Excel then importing the Excel file into Access would bypass the the size limits of Excel. If the files were setup so that they were small enough for Excel to handle.