advertisement
from the Automation List department...
PLC for the oil and gas industry
Information resources, documentation. topic
Posted by Alireza Askari on 16 June, 2006 - 6:41 pm
What are the benefits of particular PLC brands in the oil and gas industry?

what is the best mark of plc (five first mark)? what is the preference of SIEMENS, OMRON, Telemecanique, Mitsobishi PLC, HMI brands?

Regards

Posted by Anonymous on 19 June, 2006 - 11:33 am
Allen Bradley are bar none the best and most commonly used PLCs in Oil and Gas (60-70% plants).

Posted by Dennis patterson on 19 June, 2006 - 11:28 am
I have used all of the above. We currently use Siemens S7 Safety PLC's for the gas furnaces in our cement plant. They abide by the safety standards, with dual channel monitoring etc. A lot of Functions in the PLC are made for safety control such as furnace ignition testing and pre start checking. The flexibility of creating modular functions, that may be locked is a good feature. I say Siemens is the best so far.

Dennis

Posted by N.S on 19 June, 2006 - 12:22 pm
you can go with Siemens S7-300 PLC with Wincc/Protool for your application or you can go with Allen-Bradley wiht RSView

Regards
N.S
iic_hyd@rediffmail.com

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
"I am not an Economist. I am an honest man!"
-- Paul McCracken
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive