advertisement
from the Automation List department...
Analog Input Twido
PLCs and related questions. topic
Posted by Yesid Hernandez on 24 October, 2006 - 10:47 pm
Hi,

I have a Twido PLC and a 2 input analog module, I need to connect a siemens sitrans TK-L transmitter to the module. I supposed that because the analog module have a 24V input, it's to supply the sensor, but not sure. Anyone knows about or have you done before? Thanks for your answer.

Posted by David on 26 October, 2006 - 12:21 am
No, I haven't done it before with these specific brand components, but it's a classic 2 wire loop powered transmitter to an analog input.

According to this press release
https://pia.khe.siemens.com/index.asp?Nr=2290
the TK-L is a 2 wire RTD temperature transmitter.
2 wire loop powered transmitters require a (nominal) 24Vdc power in its loop.

I couldn't find the instruction sheet for the TK-L on the Siemens site, but a sheet must have come with the transmitter that will show how

24Vdc (+) connects to the TK-L (+);
TK-L (-) connects to Twido AI (+);
Twido AI (-) connects to 24Vdc (-).

The Germans are usually thorough in providing a wiring diagram.

The Twido site makes noises like, "External supply c 24 V external power supply to sensors/preactuators (voltage range 20.4...28.8 V)", (page 28 of the Twido e-catalog for the 2 analog input current card) which I interpret as telling you that you need an external 24Vdc power supply to supply the power to the TK-L transmitter.

Wire up an external power supply.

David

Posted by Ibraim Yesid Hernandez on 28 October, 2006 - 1:17 am
Yes I did think that way, I have the sheet for the TK-L but just what you said, there is no wiring diagram. I'll give a try the way you said. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on 29 October, 2006 - 2:17 pm
I having working it, thanks.

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
"Here's something to think about: How come you never see a headline like
`Psychic Wins Lottery'?"
-- Jay Leno
Advertise here
Advertisement
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive