Communication with OPC protocol in CitectSCADA

N

nabil

I use CitectSCADA client OPC and OFS server and I don't have access to the tags.

I have always this message:
VM: access path empty and no ! found into the item definition
Error creating Item aippremium01.Afc (group CitectGroup_0)

Did you check if the OPC Server is already registered in the Operating System? Is the OPC Server Running? Did you use a OPC Spy or similar to check out if your PC Server is running OK?

Exists a different tools offered by Matrikon also Iconics, you could try to check with other OPC Server and OPC Client simulator.

Feel free to contact me at autcon20ATyahooDOTcomDOTar

Hope this helps you.
Best

Hi.

I've got the same problem right now and haven't been able to solve it yet. Which version of Citect have you got? Maybe 7.0?

By the way, have you included in the file Citect.ini the parameter Delimiter="?"

Hope to hear good news soon, before desperation... Regards

J
I have the same problem in the past. The solution was to install Unity Pro XL (valid copy!) on the same computer, and each time you change the PLC program it was needed to reconfigure the OFS, again, and compile the Vijeo Citect project, again.

If you intend to communicate with a SCHNEIDER plc with ETHERNET, try to use Modnet or UNITE over IP. You do not need the OFS.

Note: at the time Modnet was limited to a number of tags. Nobody solve the question and we start to use UNITE over IP. The problem is when you have two computers that need to work at the same time (see my post Communication between two Vijeo Citect and one PREMIUM UNITY – Still waiting for help)