advertisement
from the Automation List department...
ControlNet Network Scheduling
PLCs and related questions. topic
Posted by BIlly on 21 November, 2007 - 3:47 pm
This is my first time to use RSnetWorx to schedule a ControlNet Netwrok used in a four-chassis ControlLogix system. There is a ControlNet card in each chassis.

After I offline schedueled the ControlNet network using RSnetWorx, I saved the .xc file and the RSLogix 5000 project. Then, I found that some of the remote I/O cards have been in scheduled connection via ControlNet. But,some of them are NOT connected via ControlNet.

My question is: only after I go online and download the project do all I/O cards (local and remote) can be connected via ControlNet?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Posted by Trevor Ousey on 23 November, 2007 - 11:28 am
The easiest way to do this is actually online rather than offline, and with a ControlLogix platform, with I/O in the racks makes it easier. Be sure that you have the I/O tree correct in your RSLogix 5000 project, download this into the processor, go online with RSNetworx wait for the browse/update to complete and then save. Do a full optimise if it asks. If it does nothing tick the edit box and the save and it should bring up a dialog box asking either to merge or full optimisation of scheduled data.

If you have a MD license for RSNetworx then try running a maintenance check, you will most likely find the issue to be something simple.

Cheers,
Trevor.

Posted by Billy on 27 November, 2007 - 12:20 am
Thank you so much. I will try.

Billy

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
A large number of installed systems work by fiat. That is, they work
by being declared to work.
-- Anatol Holt
Advertise here
advertisements
Servo, stepping motor control, analog & web HMI in one system!
Control.com is the largest Automation community on the web. Learn how to advertise here now...
Time to incorporate data handling, web HMI and motion in one system!
Servo, steppers, analog, digital & web HMI - Fully Integrated!
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive