MarkVI Simplex project software

P

power plant

Dear all,

I'm looking for any MarkVI Simplex project software (toolbox) for gas turbine GE5001 power generation, dual fuel light & heavy fuel. Please send it to my e-mail mohammedjaffar_202 @ yahoo. com

With Best Regards

R

Radhakrishnan

Your requirement is not clear. Do you want the project or the software to create it?

The software is Toolbox, which is a GE product. It seems you are trying to upgrade your existing control system to Mark VI Simplex. Eventhough you can create your own project for the new control panel, it will be a lot easier and better to go to GE to do the engineering for your upgrade.

If you can state your requirements more clearly, I can provide more information.

P
Thanks for your reply. AQctually I'm looking for project software. I already have the toolbox software, but I need any project of MarkVI Simplex project software to compare the signal and sequence with my project software.

With Best Regards

T

tarfawi saud

I have an m6b file which works with the toolbox software. It has all data of a gas turbine. If you want it drop me a line.

satarfawy at se. com. sa

Hi,

If do you want to remote control to Woodward 505, you must adjust configuration contacts or analog signals and connection hardware signal.

M

MarkVI Simplex project software

I already have the software Toolbox (V11.01.01C), which is a GE product. We are working to upgrade the control system from Mark II to Mark VI simplex for our units GE and alstom fram5 for power generation.

The MCC and the GCPP panels are still on original and we replaced only the Mark II panel with a new MarkVI panel. We received the MarkVI panel and wiring interconnection from GE but we did not receive any software like a toolbox and cimplicity project file.

Can you help me to get a project mark VI file or how can I create the project file with all the control constant and the sequence logic?

I'm a little confused; you ordered a Mark VI panel but didn't order the software to configure it? I'm pretty sure you'd be violating somebody's license agreement by copying application code (ie the M6B) from another site, even if you have a properly licensed copy of Toolbox.

O
Interesting story.
I dont think that GE will give you only the hardware without the software. Did you contact GE and asked why this software was not installed? During the request for quotation for your upgrade to MKVI, you should have included the software. The software you are requesting is copyright protected and you should not just request from this site to people for a free copy of the software. The project file included the parameters you are requesting is GT specified and need to be customized for your GT. Using a different project data might lead to major damage to your asset (GT Unit) and possibly lead to injuries to the site people as well as loosing the prestige to the community. The best address to do it for you is the OEM (GE).

By requesting basically illegal copy of the licensed software, you are risking this community for possible misuse. Since you are a step away from getting the MKVI panel commissioned, go ahead and ask assistance from GE. There are hundreds of people who are earning their money to develop the software for the MKVI system. You may think that the software is very expensive and maybe overcharged. Realize also that, by buying these kinds of software and applications from the OEM, you are also contributing for further development of new technology such as improved / advanced GT control systems which are also more environmental friendly. The benefits of these further developments by the OEM will also benefits the GT users. Lets support each other during this world wide economical crisis.

Good Luck
Docendo discumus

hi my frined...
please we now to development the our gas turbine from mark2 to mark 6 we need now this software kindly if you can to send me this software by any methods if you can help me.
[email protected]

It would seem that we are all missing something here. From the first read, it sounded like the originator was in the process of contracting with GE or one of its packagers to upgrade the control system to a Mark VI controller, and that somehow they had been given a copy of Toolbox software in advance of receiving the unit-specific .m6b file.

This appears not to be the case now, and it would seem the originator has obtained a Mark VI from some source and possibly an HMI with some software, including a copy of Toolbox, and wishes to undertake the retrofit on their own, by obtaining a .m6b file from another unit.

I've been in meetings where people have obtained copies of Mark V software from other units, sometimes not the same Frame size, usually with a different starting means, and very different auxiliaries, and wanted to argue ad nauseum about why the software in their Mark V wasn't exactly like the software in someone else's Mark V running a different turbine and auxiliaries.

But it's clear: We don't have the whole story here, and it is recommended that this site contact a firm with someone who is knowledgeable in Mark VI and GE heavy duty gas turbines and auxiliaries, and get some much-needed help with their project. After they explain all the circumstances to that firm and individual.

GE hardware, software, and engineering isn't cheap; in fact, it could be considered to be downright expensive. But, is the potential cost-savings worth a catastrophic failure of a running (well; from the other frantic posts from this originator, that could be debatable) gas turbine and auxiliaries?

Best of luck with your endeavor. I'm sure you'll find someone somewhere who will now send you an .m6b file (people love to "bypass" GE whenever possible, and they love to see others do the same!). But, you're going to need much more than that. Much more, indeed.

A prognostication for whomever sends the file to this originator: You will be changing your email address shortly. Because the follow-on questions will not stop.

O
Jaffar,

TECHNICAL ISSUE TO THINK ABOUT?
Is this upgrade from MK5 to MKVI or MKII to MKVI? If its MKII to MKVI, and you have diesel starting motor you should start thinking (very hard) about how to commission the link to the governor control of the diesel engine? New sequence will have two solenoid outputs to the 20DAR1 and 20DAR2 (sometimes called 20DCS). If you upgrade from MKV to MKVI, with a bit of fantasy, luck and plenty of support from this community you will almost reach your target.

Docendo Discumus

hi Ore
thanks alot for your opinion
we need to upgrad mark II to mark VIe .....
In starting we used agas with fisher valve and governer speed..

best regard

Actually, I don't think we've missed a thing in this thread.

Because, the originator is missing something. The title is 'Mark VI SIMPLEX project software', he tells us he has a copy of Toolbox, and now he's telling us he's developing a Mark VIe conversion.

I don't think he knows that Mark VIe requires ToolboxST not Toolbox, and that the supplier of the hardware will perform the configuration of the software with input from the purchaser.

The reason we can't figure out what is being requested or how the originator can be requesting anything at all is because the originator doesn't know.

Next.

Mohammed,

from your post I am assuming you are at one of the plants in Iraq. Moving hardware from one unit to another will require separate licensing and software and you may not currently have access to either due to budgeting constraints. The local GE rep in Iraq is located at the Baghdad south power plant and he should be able to direct you in the right direction.