EDDL

S

stem_p1st

Hello,

I am using the PACTWare software to configure our Instrumentation Equipment and I also have the CodeWright HART driver for PACTWare. I know also that the DTMs are used as the driver for the instrument. Now my Company bought some of the Emerson product and I know also that they are not using the DTMs but the EDDL or DD instead. Is there a way that I can use the PACTWare software to configure the Emerson ALPHALINE 1151 HART without needing to purchase the Emerson AMS Suite?

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. If you don't mind, tell me how to embed the DD that I got so it can be recognized by the FDT. Thank you.

There are universal DTMs that support devices that only have DDs supplied by the manufacturer. It should not be necessary to use some other host system designed to use DDs.

For example, CodeWrights offers the iDTM(TM).

From http://www.codewrights.biz/ :

"The iDTM enables the operation of devices that are only described with a DD/EDD and do not have a DTM (Device Type Manager)."

I have not used a DTM that interprets DDs such as this, I don't know how well that part actually functions. But the iDTM should work well with your HART communication DTM and PACTware application.

Regards,

Chris

Thank you very much, I will follow up your suggestion right now and I am also trying to contact the PACTWare to help me figures this out. If I have any answer I will post it here so others can get the information. Once again thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P General Communications Chat 3
S General Automation Chat 3