Free Web-based SCADA software

A

adim

Do you know about any Free Web-based SCADA software?
Until now only Integraxor SCADA (www.integraxor.com) seems to be a serious candidate. I know, it's free only for maximum 128 tags and only for MODBUS devices, but are there any other free options?

you can easily google for other free scada, but mostly not web enabled... this one looks promising, but yet to try out, thanks for the lead. :)

Maryse

Of course I googled (is not a verb yet? :D) it first, but as you said no viable variants came up. What I like most at Integraxor is the implementation of SAGE (SCADA Animation Graphic Editor) and this brings the power of SVG into SCADA.

I think you will find "You get what you pay for" is still true.
Probably the most web-friendly package is from Iconics (Genesis & WebHMI, I think)... but it does cost money. On the free side; I think all of their development tools are free, so you can really beat on it before you buy it.

R
I was looking at Opto22, They have both(free) software and (rather pricey) hardware. They call their PLC's PAC's for Programmable Automation Controllers. The software is 'PAC Project'. Their website is very demonstrative and helpful. Does anyone out there have any real world experience with Opto22 ? Please comment.
Thanks
Rob

With mainstream HMI/SCADA packages, there is generally a fee for development license(s) and runtime licenses.

To clarify, are you looking for completely free, or a runtime-free solution (requiring an up-front purchase of development tools)?

Completely free. With Integraxor one can makes completely free serial or TCP/IP MODBUS projects with maximum 128 I/O tags and unlimited runtime tags until the end of 2012. MODBUS and 128 tags limit cover 90% of my projects, so for 4 years from now on I can use this product for free. This software has all the facilities of a SCADA (pooling, alarms, trends, scripting) and uses HTML and Javascript/VBScript which are widely known and SVG for visualization and animation.

N

Nathan Boeger

The Panel Edition version of Ignition is free. It natively runs Java so you'll be fine with Windows, Linux, or OSX.

There are also free versions for development. An interesting one is the mobile module, which allows you to run in HTML 5 enabled browsers. This includes: iPods, iPads, Android phones, and other devices. It uses AJAX and requires the browser to support the <canvas> element. You're fine with Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc.

----
Nathan Boeger
http://notanotherindustrialblog.blogspot.com

You can try Rapid SCADA http://rapidscada.org.
this SCADA is open source and number of tags is not limited,
MODBUS supported.

> Do you know about any Free Web-based SCADA software? Until now only Integraxor SCADA (www.integraxor.com) seems
> to be a serious candidate. I know, it's free only for maximum 128 tags and only for MODBUS devices, but are there
> any other free options?