CS3000 v. R3.06.10

J

Jim W.

Is it possible to install the Centum CS3000 R3 software on a machine without a floppy drive?

I am trying to install this on another machine that will be used specifically for training and testing. I was told by a Yokogawa representative that this is perfectly legal.

We have this system installed at our plant on Dell Optiplex computers with floppy drives.

I have copied all files from the floppy disks to a flash drive in order to install from the software CDs, but I can get no further than the first screen of installation that requests the key codes from the floppy disks. Even with the flash drive connected with all the necessary files from the floppy disks, I can't go any further.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how I can install this software on a machine without a floppy drive?

Thanks,
Jim W.

Hi Jim - you should be able to dump the keydisk contents into the root directoty of a memory stick and map the memory stick as A Drive. We've used this method before.
Keypoints =
(1) must be root directory on memory stick
(2) must be A Drive
If this doesn't work - make sure you have ALL the files (check for hidden files) from the keydisk.
Cheers, PB

Dear jim,

Yes u can alwayz install CS3000 without floopy drive as well. but here u have one already so follow the steps bello and if u find any difficulty lemme know.

1) Insert CS3000 software medium and run setup.exe from CENTUM software.

2) when asked put keycode floopy of Engineering HIS and copy the 3rd line of REVISION.KCD file and paste it in required field.

3) wait for a while and if it ask for another copy/floppy then say "NO"

4) you can also say no to install CS3000 from another medium option and then it will start installing CS3000.

these are some imp steps. if u find some more probs. just lemme knw.

Regards,
JKA

J

jing de guzman

You can download Virtual Floppy Drive over the internet, that is what we use. It is very easy to install and configure, with only a very few clicks.

yes you're right guzman.

i think it is the best solution u gave. i did, and very amazing, everything's done perfectly. virtual floppy disk drive is the answer.

but anyone can give us tutorial how to configure and creating logics, so we can play with simulation with centum cs3000.

very difficult looking for centum tutorial.

Dear expert

how i can generate a key code floppy disk files from an existing HIS?
My key code floppy is damage (Not working).