4-20 to modbus converters

R

Riley Morrison

I am looking for some sort of a modbus converter that takes the 4-20 signal from a radar level and converts it to modbus. I am not sure if there is anything out there that can be used for this. If you have any info on this topic please let me know.

C

Curt Wuollet

Sure there is. It's a PLC. Seriously, doing that with one of the small brick PLCs would probably be your cheapest and easiest option. You should be able to find one with an analog input that supports modbus.

Regards
cww

Acromag offers many 4-20mA to modbus rtu or tcp/ip options.

Goto www.acromag.com and search on the following models. They carry hazardous location approvals among other features, if needed.

913MB
967EN
961EN
ES2153
ES2161
ES2163

</b>If any questions or Acromag can assist, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Donald Lupo ([email protected])

M

Mike Berryman

Take a look at the Advantech's ADAM Modules:
ADAM-4117 (for Modbus/RTU on RS-485 serial)
ADAM-6017 (for Modbus/TCP on Ethernet)

S

Steve Myres, PE

Try www.laurels.com. They have something that will do that. Or for about the same money, you can get a DL05 from Automation Direct, add an analog module for $100 or so, and get the same thing plus the capability to do some local control, like have a status stacklight, etc. Plus enough capacity to use the modbus for 10-15 digial I/O points and some more analogs as well (the analog module will have four channels). All for about $200.