RSLINX Professional with RSView32

C

Christopher Barker

Question:

I am running RSLinx Pro (v: 2.40.01), with RSView32 (v: 6.30.17) and my display has no data. My driver (ETHERNET) is properly configured and browsing. My topic and channel are set. Node is set to topic. My tag monitor is returning stale and error messages. I tried everything: created new Node (OPC Server-local). My question, should the controller key be set to RUN or REM (remote)? Do I need to configure DCOM. My setup looks like this:

Channel: 1
Network Type: TCP/IP
Primary Communication Driver: AB_ETH-1
Active Driver:primary

Data Source: OPC Server
Name: Chris (enabled)
Server Name: RSLinx OPC Server
Server Type: Local
Access Path: (blank)

Tag Database (added)
Scan Class (default)

T

Trevor Ousey

Hi,

Leaving the key in REM just means you can set the PLC to program and run via the software. Even with the PLC in program you should still be able to read/write data to the PLC.

Have you set a topic in RSLinx? The topic holds to path to the PLC. Normally you don't need to touch DCOM. Try using the data monitor tool in RSLinx, I think 2.40 pro had it, just right click on the controller in RSWho.

Trevor.

C

Christopher Barker

Thanks Trevor,

I did configure my topic and set it to the processor. In my tag browser I cannot see any of the tags from the database.

Here is what I did:
Add and configured Driver (ethernet) in RSLinx
Started new project in RSView32 and configured Node (RSLinx OPC Server: In-process and enabled)
Added tags in Tag Database (cannot browse tags)
Added and configured Topic and set to driver configured earlier (ethernet)

Chris

You need to set the access path in the node configuration to the OPC topic name created in RSLinx. This will setup the default OPC access path and will be utilized for all tags assigned to this node.

Alternatively if you do not assign the OPC topic to the access path then you will have to explicitly add the access path name as a prefix to the actual PLC tag. E.g. for PLC-5 the tag address would be set to [<OPC Topic Name]N10:0/0 or for ControlLogix [<OPC Topic Name>]TagName.

C

Christopher Barker

I did that but I still cannot browse my tags. My tag monitor keeps returning errors. Any suggestions?