Modbus TCP/IP device via RS232

G

Glyn

Greetings

Anyone have any experience with communicating with a power logic PM820 via a EGX100 using modbus TCP/IP? we have Powerlogic SMS, but for some reason the advanced reports are not working?

I need to log the data from the meters. We have another BMS package that will log data from Modbus RTU devices (using a RS232 serial port / or virtual serial port)

is there a software solution?
cheers

I don't know about a software solution, but I have experience using the Digi One IAP, which constitutes a hardware solution.

The DOIAP performs protocol conversions between several industrial protocols, as well as serial-to-ethernet and ethernet-to-serial.

This would give you the added benefit of being able to host your serial port at a far distance from your PC (if that is helpful).

I'll keep my eye out for a software solution, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

P
Glyn,

If I understand correctly, you're looking to connect your BMS logging system via RS-232 (Modbus RTU) to the EGX100 gateway (Modbus/TCP). Most of the Modbus Gatways available can be used in this "reverse" configuration, including Advantech's EKI-1221 Modbus Gateway.

http://www.advantech.com/products/EKI-1221/mod_GF-TUAR.aspx

If you need additional information, please contact me off-list.

Regards,
Paul Wacker
Product Manager (ICOM)
Advantech Corp.