Boiler master control

G

gary

In our steam turbine power plant, we are using 9 boilers related to one HHP Header in which all the boilers produce HHP steam to this header. Our DCS control, HHP header pressure is controlled by "HHP HDR MASTER CONTROL" which is related by proportionality with boiler master control. but HHP header temperature is not controlling by master. my question is if possible to control our HDR temperature, because we faced due to low HHP HDR temperature "STG shaft position high"

Our HP Header pressure (42barg) is controlled in the same fashion as yours.

The HP Steam temperature is controlled by each boiler at the outlet. The normal set point is 475degC, but this can be as low as 440degC at low boiler loads (20-40%) due to the super heater design.

Are some (or all) of your boilers operating at low loads, or are the set points set correctly?

Hello,

Sometimes due to maintenance works in Ash silo or in EP Hopper you must load down the boiler to 30% of Boiler Master. F.Y.I each boiler has steam temperature Control by using DSH TCV.

I want to know if possible to set the HHP Header 106kg/cm2 in master control because this header is around 2000m length so we can face a big DT in case of two boiler in the upper or lower side are shutdown.

Thank you

H

Heni Zouaoui

Dear gentleman

I am sure that you have the master controller for the steam temperature control for the boiler. You can open OPS explorer than Boiler than Boiler loop plate Menu than Boiler steam temp control and then you can change the setting.

Regards