advertisement
from the OIL AND GAS department...
compare different versions of RSLOGIX 5000 programs
PLCs and related questions. topic
Posted by HAMAD on 5 February, 2010 - 1:58 am
Hi friends,

i have one file in RSLOGIX 5000 version 10 and one file in RSLOGIX 5000 version 16.

i want to compare these. what software tool for rslogix 5000 fullfill, compare in sense of constant ladder function block tags difference.

plz send me a link i appreciate.

and more over can i search the AFI instruction inside the file? i use search option in rslogix version 16 but instruction not search able how can i do?

thanking u i will remain

Posted by James Ingraham on 5 February, 2010 - 12:35 pm
There is a compare tool on the install disk. However, it won't compare across versions. Having said that, if you export both to L5K files, you can use a standard text tool like diff to find things. Same for finding those AFIs; just save as L5K, open in Notepad (or Word or whatever) and do a standard search for the text AFI.

-James Ingraham
Sage Automation, Inc.

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Cigarette, n.:
A fire at one end, a fool at the other, and a bit of tobacco in
between.
Advertise here
advertisements
164-page eBook free download - EtherCAT Applications Guide
View free setup and multi-vendor EtherCAT demo videos online
Control.com is the largest Automation community on the web. Learn how to advertise here now...
Servo, steppers, analog, digital & web HMI - Fully Integrated!
Time to incorporate data handling, web HMI and motion in one system!
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive