Triguard SC300E

K

keitho

Hello,

I am starting a study on the ABB Triguard SC300E esd system. I have come across literature saying it is an ABB system and I have also come across literature saying it is an ICS Triplex system..

So did ABB develop it originally back in the day and now ICS Triplex manufacture it/market it?? I am confused as to who is actually currently selling and supporting this system. I am trying to do a lifecycle study and if I can't figure out who is selling and supporting the SC300E right now then what hope do I have!!!

Thanks,
Keitho

P

Peter McIntosh

Hi

The SC300E originally started as a August System product that was later taken over by ABB. Then ICS. This system is now mainly supported by Paktech Ltd. If you need any more information please contact mikea [at] paktech.ltd.uk

P

Peter McIntosh

> Triguard SC300E is developed by Icstriplex (Trusted). <

The SC300E is not Trusted. The Trusted system is PlantGuard, a similar TMR system but it is not anyway related to the SC300E.

If you do require information on Either the CS300 or the SC300E system please contact mikea [at] paktech.ltd.uk

M
Hi.

Just a little background on the Triguard SC300E ESD / F&G system and the earlier CS300 version. Hope it is of use in your Lifecycle project.

These product ranges were developed by August Systems Limited; the company was subject to a takeover by ABB in 1998 and passed through a number name changes starting with ABB August.

After successfully wrecking what was a really good safety product ABB split the company up in 2003. The development rights were transferred to ICS Triplex (now part of Rockwell Automation) and sales rights remained with ABB. A third leg of the equation is now Paktech Limited as it is a major support route for many End Users because the company's engineers roots are within August Systems Limited; that company offers a Lifecycle Extension program for the earlier CS300 product.

Best Regards.

MikeA.

Keitho,

I am interested in whether or not you would share with me any information you pulled together for the lifecycle study of the ABB SC300E? One is installed at the facility I am now located at, and I am looking at the same assignment.

SGaudiano

N
From ICS Triplex Technical Support. (ICS is now part of Rockwell automation, our R&D/Support department is now known as SSB Technology)
We still make and support Triguard / SC300E. The processors are in the 'Mature' phase - guaranteed support, system expansions possible, spares and repairs still available, migration options available, no major enhancements made. The I/O may be used in hybrid systems with Trusted or Plantguard processors. CS300 processors are 'Limited' support - spares only, some parts no longer manufactured.

For more information, email support at icstriplex dot com (yes, we will keep the ICS address live).

M
> From Paktech Limited Technical Support.

We support both the CS300 and SC300E variants of safety system; we cover all aspects of support. This is a superbly reliable product when SC300E systems are engineered and maintained properly .

For the CS300 we offer a Lifecycle Extension program that, with a sufficient spares holding, is structured to support this stable product. A number of End Users have already refurbished and upgraded their systems against this program at a fraction of the expensively prohibitive costs of what is for many clients unnecessary replacement.

We offer a similar Lifecycle Extension program for the currently available SC300E systems.

For more information, email:
mikea at paktech dot ltd dot uk

Hi,

Paktech does not support August/ABB Systems. They are not approved by ABB.

<b>Moderator's Note:
We have received communication from someone stating he is Managing Director of the company in question, and that they are in fact a service company for the equipment mentioned in this post.</b>

M
Further to the above posting by Roh Patel I would advise that information and support for CS300 or SC300E products can also be obtained through us, Paktech Limited or from Rockwell Automation.

Paktech Limited have a well documented history of offering a full range of services covering these products and can provide references from numerous End User companies who have used its services on a direct basis or through other companies.

Contact for Paktech Limited is as follows:

Tel. +44 1634 844848
Mob. +44 7968 099449
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: paktech.net

Best regards,

Mike Adams
[email protected]