advertisement
from the Forum department...
Thermowell oil
Continuous process industries, DCS questions. topic
Posted by Amit on 13 May, 2010 - 5:27 pm
Hi! everybody
actually i want to know which type of we use in thermowell?

[mods note: I think he means to say, "actually i want to know which type of oil we use in thermowell?"]

and what happen if we were not using any oil in thermowell?Is thermocouple in problem?

Posted by Mitch on 18 May, 2010 - 2:40 pm
First, if you want to use oil make sure the wells are not mounted sideways. ;^)

Oil is used to accelerate response time in low temp applications. Mobil 1 is fine.

If you are going > 200C I would not recommend using oil as it will eventually gunk up and cause problems with response time and may cause your probe to stick in the well.

If you have a spring loaded 1/4" probe inside a .260 bore well, you usually do not need to resort to oil. You may want to try a step shank as the response time there will typically be better than tapered or straight.

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
A baby is an alimentary canal with a loud voice at one end and no
responsibility at the other.
Advertise here
advertisements
Time to incorporate data handling, web HMI and motion in one system!
Servo, stepping motor control, analog & web HMI in one system!
View free setup and multi-vendor EtherCAT demo videos online
Control.com is the largest Automation community on the web. Learn how to advertise here now...
164-page eBook free download - EtherCAT Applications Guide
our advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive