AC800 w/ freq. converter on DP

E

Emil

I'm having trouble connecting four ABB ACS350 frequency converters to my ABB AC800 controller.

I recently bought a PM851 PLC, a CI854A Profibus-DP interface, some I/O's and four ACS350's with FPBA-01 DP-interfaces. I have successfully imported the FPBA GSD file into the HW library of my project and declared it in the HW structure as a sub-unit of the CI854A. In the ProcessObjDriveLib there is a function block called ACStdDrive which I was told to use (PPO-4 telegrams).

My problem is how to connect the in_out-pins of the ACStdDrive block to the FPBA that I have declared? I'm using Compact Control Builder 5.0.2.

In the same way that you create and connect I/O to a program Function Block.

"Insert" PPO-4 hardware types underneath the FBPA master modules. Create I/O variables in your program and enter them into the PPO-4 hardware block.

Create a ACStdDrive function block in your program and connect the same I/O variables to the function block.

Each variable is one word in the profibus message between the AC800M controller and the drive. The Manuals for the ACS drives can seem quite cryptic at first but you will find that they are actually quite detailed. You should be able to find all of the information you need there, and in the ControlBuilder on-line help for the ProcessObjectDriveLib.

Rob
www[.]lymac.co.nz