Configuring Allen Bradley PLC with Flex I/O

Z

Zaenal A

Hi All,..

please help me how to configuring Allen Bradley PlC 5 Controller with Flex I/O. is there any specification configuration beside dip switch configuration or is any software that i need to configure? i am sorry. i am new about PLC 5 system

Thank

Zaenal Asiqi

B

Bob Peterson

If you are using RIO it configures just like any other RIO device.

The flex adaptors use dip switches and the scanner (built into the PLC) is configured in sofware.

The manual for the flex RIO adapter is pretty good at describing the dip switch settings. The RSLogix5 help has good directions for configuring the scanner, although it is very straightforward, and if you have any previous RIO experience you should not really need to look real hard at the directions.

T

Trevor Ousey

Hi,

Grab/download a manual on the PLC5 to help understand the RIO stuff from the Rockwell site.

First up, set up the FlexIO rack, work out the rack size, that is if it is 1/4, 1/2, so on, then starting group. The manual will help here. I have assumed it is a RIO (remote IO) network, and you have the 'Blue Hose' sorted out with terminating resistors, again the diagrams in the manual will help.

Then in your PLC program, using RSLogix5, go to Channel configuration in the project tree, go to the channel tab for the channel you have connected the cable to (i.e. Channel 1B). Then enter the Rack configuration here, including your baud rate.

Rgds,
Trevor.