connection of Wincc and STEP7

N

nino

Hi all,

I have written my step7 program.

I've also prepared my HMI pages with WINCC.

now I'm ready to connect them and download the program to PLC but I don't know how these 2 separate programs-wincc and step7- must be connected to each other.

I know that I should do something in hardware configuration of step7 but I don't exactly know how to do it.

Hope somebody can help
Thanks in advance

Hello nino;

Have a look at the following manual for WinCC Communications:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/37436836

If you are working with Step 7 and a S7-300 or S7-400 PLC, study the chapter on the S7 Protocol Suite. There are 4 protocols supported, MPI, Profibus-DP, Industrial Ethernet, and TCP/IP.

1) For each protocol, you will need a communication processor in the PC and a corresponding interface in the PLC.

For example, for Industrial Ethernet or TCP/IP, you will need a Ethernet CP on the PLC rack; a CP 343-1 Lean is the cheapest alternative, and you can use a common NIC in the PC, the Softnet driver will be included in the WinCC package. The manual will show you the requirements for each protocol.

2) Once the physical connection is decided and implemented, you will create a connection (called a "Channel")in WinCC for the selected protocol, and

3) create tags (inside this protocol channel) for the Step 7 variables you want to use in your WinCC screens.
Again, everything is explained in details in the manual, so just follow the basic steps one at a time.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

C

counterreset

Check the two points:

1. Wincc is nothing to do with the H/D configuration in Step7. CPU/PLC drive or updates the I/Os attached in the H/D configuration.

2. WinCC only communicates with PLC/ CPU. May search for values of the tags inside PLC/ CPU or try to update the Tag values inside PLC/CPU(In this stage i think this concept is OK).

You already complete the HMI screens. So i think you already added the PLC/ CPU along with the unique Profibus/ Ethernet add. During runtime wincc will search for the CPU/PLC through Profibus or Ethernet address to update the tags and will communicate if found the searched PLC/CPU.
Let me know your progress.

P

Patrick Beckett

Hi Nino

Are you referring to WinCC SCADA or WinCC Flexible? There is a big difference in how you connect them together.

Regards
Patrick

Dear Daniel Chartier,

Thanks alot for your help. i've downloaded the help file you said. and i'm going to read it step by step and see what happens.

Thank you very much.
Nino

Dear Patrik beckett,
Dear counterreset,

Thank you very much for your help, actually i'm using wincc Scada.
I've downloaded what Daniel said and going to read it and see what happens.

Thank you again and wish you the best
Nino