Difference between CM-T3000 and CS3000 for Siemens DCS T-3000

C

Chan

Both CM-T3000 and CS3000 modules are communication module for interfacing with third party system. What is the difference in functionality between them?

> Both CM-T3000 and CS3000 modules are communication module for interfacing
> with third party system. What is the difference in functionality between them?

please tell me what is cs3000 and its uses?

M
>> What is the difference in functionality between them?

We deployed one CS-3000 on T-3000 DCS to provide Modbus connectivity and another CS-3000 for DNP3 connectivity.

Information about said devices is hard to come by. I did a little research a while back and as I recall, it appeared to me that the CM was for the older version of Siemens DCS (I don't recall the version) and the CS-3000 is for the more current version (T-3000). I believe they both provide the same functionality however, they appear to attach to different versions of DCS. It was not clear to me if they could be interchanged between DCS systems.

>Both CM-T3000 and CS3000 modules are communication module
>for interfacing with third party system. What is the
>difference in functionality between them?

We have more than about 12 CS3000s installed in our plant. Siemens didn't provide any information about these controllers. and also there is no information on the internet. They are used for Modbus, dnp3.0, iec serial communication protocols. We are facing some problems for these modules they freeze occasionally and need to reset. sometimes they are not communicating with the T-3000 and modules must be restarted to normalize the communication. overall they are not reliable. Siemens Support for these modules is also not good. If someone have any Documentation or manuals for this please Send me.