Help on Cotas PLC

J

Joe

Hi All,

I work in the wind energy market, and even though I have a connection to the cotas PLC's via a CT236 (which is basically a infa red to RS232 converter) used in vestas turbines. I can't find any software so I could actually look at the I/O's which using means me climbing 100m in the air and spending a lot of time fault finding. Does anyone know of a software to connect with cotas PLC's. The biggest problem is Vestas bought out cotas and do not want to sell any software.

Thanks for reading,
Joe...

N

Nathaniel Dizon

Hi,
You don't need any software if you want to test something in the turbine. Ct236 is used only to upload program, backup parameter or connect another control panel at the nacelle. To test the turbine you need to go service menu. Press "menu" then "func" then "2" "4" "6" to enter service menu then you have additional menu for testing.Dont mess with the parameter. Service menu varies depending of model of turbine. Any more help, email me at [email protected]

regards
Nat

thank you sir for your information, but here my concern is that if cotas cpu failed then where we upload the program and which software will be use?

As All plc has their different software by using software we can see and read the logic some time it helps us for the troubleshooting but why not in cotas? if it is plc then it must have software? Of course Cotas is working on program.

> thank you sir for your information, but here my concern is that if cotas cpu
> failed then where we upload the program and which software will be use?

> As All plc has their different software by using software we can see and read
> the logic some time it helps us for the troubleshooting but why not in cotas? if
> it is plc then it must have software? Of course Cotas is working on program.

Please write to me [email protected]