DVC6030 - Fisher

M

moreno

Good Day,

I have an fisher DVC6030 positioners installed on one valve ON/OFF. This is my first time with these positioners , so I ask you a bit help. I'm not sure how connect to it. Do I need 4-20mA or 0-24V ? I tried to wire my HartCommunicator but it seems not working...

Thanks for your time and any tips

Have a Look-See at the manual:
http://www.documentation.emersonpro...documents/instruction_manuals/d102762x012.pdf

page 21 shows how to mount a 6030 on a quarter turn valve
page 25 shows you pressure connections
page 28, and on, show wiring

The control output ordinarily supplies the power as part of that loop. Do NOT connect a power supply directly to the positioner.

IMPORTANT Note
Connect the digital valve controller to a 4-20 mA current source for operation in the point-to-point wiring mode. In the point-to-point wiring mode, the digital valve controller will not operate when connected to a voltage source.

That means for bench testing, use a calibrator type current source to run the positioner.

There's a checklist on page 31.

It's amazing what the manufacturer's tell you in their manuals that you don't already know!

Hello,
Thank and sorry for later answer.

Problem was solved the same day. There is an optional function for analog output. This function keep output current to 1mA so the voltage is below 11V (I know 11V is the min voltage for Hart). 7V is not enough and hart doesn't work