Slope and corner in algorithms

A

Aliya

Hello All,

I am working with 2 frame 6 machines, 32MW.
Control systems are Mark IV and Mark VIe.

I want to know about slope and corner point constant.
What they mean and how GE has calculated them.
If you explain it to my understanding level.

Please through some light on this.
As much as i know these are for line equation e.i. y = mx+c. But how they are calculated?
Kindly elaborate

Kindly reply to this thread.

Where are Mr CSA, Markvguy and other intellectual persons???

Please help me out.

You haven't told us what <b>the PROBLEM</b> is.

GE has very powerful computers that use empirical data gathered and analyzed over decades to calculate the values. No one should be changing, or even questioning, the values.

When did your problem begin? That's where the reply to this thread should begin.

Along with a description of the problem. Because the values are <b>NOT</b> the problem. Or the solution. Or in question.

Dear CSA,

There is no as such problem in the system and i am not going to change any control constant right now.

My query is here for my understanding and knowledge improvement.

Slope and corner might be mathematical terms, but will be great helpful for me to understand the system.

Like i.e. purpose and functioning of following constant :-

Gas pressure regulator proportional gain,
Fuel gas pressure ratio control offset(Why offset is added)

If you understand y=mx+b (or y=mx+c), don't get confused by the terminology GE uses to describe the Control Constants.

This topic has been covered many times on control.com, with the basic formula in the threads.

Offset is, well, offset. Basic math for a straight line. Use youTube or your preferred search engine if you have difficulty.

You should also find some basic descriptions of the calculations in the Control Specification provided with the Speedtronic control panel.

P

Process Value

Gas turbine control and instrumentation

ALiah, you seem to be a new person and in all probabilities (apologize me for saying so) your employer seems to do a very bad job in training new recruits.I am uploading a document here.

http://www.2shared.com/file/yX9giF8X/Training_Schedule_for_New_Recr.html

we are having a power plant expansion in my parent refinery and they had taken 12 new recruits. They had asked me to put a training schedule for them and the document uploaded provides new personnel how to go about studying the plant system. please read through it as try to incorporate it to your learning regime.

In the humongous 14 section O&M manual supplied by GE, there is a section called "Gas turbine operation". this splits up the gas turbine systems and explains them one by one. It is immediately followed by a section called "control system description" which though not detailed gives a good into on the gas turbine core control logics. you first need to learn them. only if you know how a plant is operated and meant to be operated will you be able to understand why the control logic or a control constant was kept as such.

if you do not have such a materiel, i will send you one. please drop in your mail ID.

and brush up your basic engineering math, you need to know what a z transform is. how unit time delay is implemented. what is a first order lag function if you need to have in depth detail regarding the control logics in some blocks (exhaust control , IGV etc ...)

Thanks a lot for replying and providing such nice information Mr CSA and Mr Process Value.

I will surely follow the schedule.

But will you please answer this like, while calculating SRV reference command(SRV Opening - Proportional to Speed) we multiply TNH(Speed) with Fuel gas pressure ratio gain (FPKGNG : 2.65%), then we subtract Fuel gas pressure ratio OFFSET (FPKGNG : - 28.6 psi)

FRCROUT = TNH * FPKGNG(GAIN) - FPKGNG

So, is it the same as "y = m(Gain)x + C"

And in this FPKGNG comes in equation as per this equation only or C is something else.

Kindly correct me and sorry if it is obvious question.

P

Process Value

> But will you please answer this like while calculating SRV reference
> command(SRV Opening - Proportional to Speed) we multiply TNH(Speed) with Fuel
> gas pressure ratio gain (FPKGNG :2.65%), then we subtract Fuel gas
> pressure ratio OFFSET (FPKGNG : - 28.6 psi)

> FRCROUT = TNH * FPKGNG(GAIN) - FPKGNG

> So, is it the same as "y = m(Gain)x + C"

> And in this FPKGNG comes in equation as per this equation only or C is something else.

> Kindly correct me and sorry if it is obvious question.

the "c" normally known as the y-intercept in a line equation is now named as "offset" that is all.

Thanks Process value, now doubts are clear.

That's what this site makes me a regular reader of this site.

> In the humongous 14 section O&M manual supplied by GE, there is a section called "Gas turbine operation".

---- snip ----

> if you do not have such a materiel, i will send you one. please drop in your mail ID.

Hello Process Value !!!

Can you please send me this document?

Thanks
[email protected]

> In the humongous 14 section O&M
>manual supplied by GE, there is a
>section called "Gas turbine operation".
>
>---- snip ----
>
>> if you do not have such a materiel, i
>will send you one. please drop in your
>mail ID.

Hi,

I will need this material as well.
Appreciate if you will kindly oblige me a copy to the above mail box.

Thanks.
Chuk - [email protected]