Periodics for Frame9 turbine

J

Jolek

What are the recommended periodic maintenance procedures (lets say once a 3 months) for a control and electrical personnel to keep a Frame 9 turbine running reliably? The unit runs both on liquid and gas fuel and shuts down every night.

Sorry guys, you got me wrong - I'm also waiting for Bob Johnston to send me the file. so as soon as he will be so kind, you'll get it, from me or him...Bob, push the "send" button! :)

> Send an Email address, I have a 9001E maintenance manual I can send you.

[email protected]

To Bob Johnston: For some reason I didn't receive the file. There are few guys hunting it also, so please Bob be so kind and send it to me again on the email above.

I am the Product Line Leader for Services at GE Measurement and Control Solutions. As noted below, the Controls Connect portal has answers to questions, generic documents, etc. However, it also maps to your specific site manuals, drawings, etc depending on the age of the unit/control. We have also developed an annual maintenance program for control and electrical equipment (exciters, HMI, etc). If you would like more information on that program you can email me at [email protected]

Controls Connect Portal - If you are a turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, you can go to http://site.ge-energy.com/online_tools/controls_connect.htm for more information via the GE Controls Connect portal. You will need to register but it is a fairly quick registration. Once you register, it should be a short time to get access to the system. In Controls Connect you can search the knowledge database for similar issues, find manuals, TILS, white papers, etc or phone/email the technical support team directly. This is a FREE service. I hope this helps.

JPE,

In the past I've registered with the GE portal you list but it didn't get me anywhere useful. GE seemed so concerned about protecting information that many hoops and verifications were needed to gain access.

I'm sure the community appreciates you reaching out, but unless GE corporate mentality has suddenly changed in the past year, GE has never been one to be helpful with useful technical information for owners--but they are always glad to send a $300+ per hour TA (which may know less than the owner...yes took 3rd times a charm in on experience I had).

Krush, I appreciate the feedback. The site that we have launched is new within the last 3-6 months so it should be a significant improvement over your previous experience.

The site allows users to link to their specific turbine/exciter control and obtain site specific drawings, manuals, troubleshooting, TILs, etc. In addition, it allows for technicians to access field service experts with an average 15 years of experience through email or phone. The phone and email is provided at NO CHARGE. The goal is to solve the user's issue, not send out a field engineer. While I understand some of the past history, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the customer focus that we have implemented in Controls Connect. Please provide feedback through the site feedback form, once you have had a chance to view the content. Also, please recognize that we are always adding more content to the site so hopefully it will have you information.