Sepam and ACE 949-2wire

P

PeterSCADA

Guys,

I have 9 switch gears each having a SEPAM and a converter ACE 949-2, is there anybody having the clear diagram on how I can wire them on network? Because I have followed the manual that supplied by manufacturer, it does not help.

My configuration is as follows:<pre>
Sepam > ACE 9 >(serial-etherner)
(modbus TCP/IP{RJ45}) (Modbus RTU {RS-485})

Simply = [SEPAM>ACE949-2>COMTROL>PLC]</pre>
What should I have to do?

Pls help

You don't mention which Sepam model you are working with, so I took a look at the Sepam 1000.

When used with the ACE 949-2 (2 wire RS-485), it appears that the ACE 949-2 has two terminal blocks, A & B.

Since RS-485 is a sequential, serially, daisy-chained network (master > device 1 > device 2 > device 3, etc.) one would assume that the A &B terminal blocks are in parallel with one another and provide one terminal block for wiring coming from the 'previous device and another terminal block for wiring going to the 'next' device, or if it is the last device, a termination resistor.

Terminals 3 & 4 on the terminal blocks are L+ and L-, the two RS-485 wires.

The manual warns that there is no standard or convention for L+/-, T+/-, A+/-, whatever the lines are called. The implication is that when connecting to the master, you might have to swap the lines because the polarity is the opposite of what works.

Terminals 1 & 2 are for DC power distribution and have nothing to do with communications.

I'm not clear about your Modbus/TCP reference; the Sepam 1000 with an ACE949-2 clearly is designed to talk Modbus RTU over 2 wire RS-485, not Modbus/TCP over ethernet.

'TCP' does not appear in the Sepam 1000 manual.

Schneider's RS-485 networking manual can be found here:

http://www.global-download.schneider-
electric.com/85257578007E5C8A/all/FD6225D6C2FCFEDE8825757700077B44/$File/pcred399074en.pdf
(take out any spaces inserted by the forum)

I have no idea what 'Comtrol' is

>What should I have to do?
- Connect the 949-2's 2 wire RS-485 to the PLC's RS-485 port.

- Configure the COM ports on both the PLC and the Sepam (baud rate, parity, work size).

- Attempt a read operation

Hy,

Each SEPAM should have own ACE module.

Connect C port of sepam to RJ45 of Ace - straight cable.
Create 12 or 24 Vdc supply to V+ V-
Create RS485 network to L+ L-.
LED should be off.
Configure SEPAM or use default values.
Try to read using MODBUS RTU.

For any further email me : [email protected]

BR, Maciek M