intouch wonderware

P

Paul Edwards

Not really sure what the question is.

InTouch supports ActiveX controls(from V7.0 onwards). You can insert them in graphics, map tags to their properties and run scripts based their events.

The trouble with ActiveX controls is that their GUID can be different on different machines so it all works on one machine but when you put the application on a different machine then all you get is a white box.

I find dot Net controls much easier to distribute across a multi-node system. InTouch can use these by embedding them into Archestra graphics (V10 onwards).

Goodday Fellow CSE,

I am new in the forum.
However, i was wondering if anybody could help me in establishing connection between my Wonderware InTouch V10.0 and S7-300 siemens PLC, here are the accessories i have

Hardware:
S7-300 PLC,
PC Adaptar (MPI) USB Cable,
Computer workstaion with RAM 1.5G, 2.3GHZ

Software:
Wonderware InTouch V10.0
DAServer

Please kindly let me know what needs to be installed as well as the hardware required.
Thank you.

P

Paul Edwards

In order to communicate with an S7 using an MPI unit you will need to use a 3rd party server such as Software Toolbox (Kepware) or Matrikon.

You can probably download demo versions off their web sites.

If you want to connect using Ethernet you can use the Wonderware DASSIDIRECT server. You must also configure the PLC to accept the connection using the network utility in Step 7. DASSIDIRECT only works on TCP connections (not ISO).

Paul