micro300 pv

P

peter berry

Being new to hmi i need to set up the coms on panel builder 32 , it is a micro 300 2711-ma3-19L1 series A rev C.

The set up suggests that if rslinx is available it should be used . Now if i try to set up a 1747 pic driver in rslinx the displayed message is that the driver can not be established because linx is running as a service and not in the normal way .

If i shut down rs linx and try again the same message appears again as this unit requires dh 485 to be running. the problem is at the source, as i can not communicate with the panel. then pane builder gives me the standard message for the problem of packet time out check your cables make sure that printer port is disabled ,etc. i know that the cable is good, AS its the same cable used to communicate AND program with the micrologix 1000 plc but it uses DF1 coms and works fine.

in advance thanks again

T

Trevor Ousey

Hi Peter,

Go to the RSLinx control panel, and untick the run as service. This will allow you to run it as a standard program and run the PIC driver.

Cheers, Trevor.

P
After doing as you said rslinx still wouldn't communicate with the panel. df1 is that not a dh485 protocol and would it not be rs232 compatible to communicate serially? Even if i were using a usb to serial adaptor given that the adaptor works fine with the logix 1000 plc when running as a service? The pic driver on the other hand only runs if rslinx is running as an application. Neither driver seams to be able to find the panel or there is no response from the panel.

Two questions come to mind: Am i using the correct driver OR is rslinx light NOT suitable for such a job or is it out of its class and should i buy say the enterprise version of rslinx?

E

Eddie Willers

The "1747-PIC/AIC+" serial driver in RSLinx Classic Lite is the ordinary way to connect to a PanelView 300 Micro terminal. You do not need a licensed version of RSLinx Classic.

Unfortunately that driver is very tricky to make work in Windows. It will NOT work with a general purpose USB/RS232 converter or with Windows Vista or Windows 7.

The simple setting you need to make is to run RSLinx Classic as an Application in Windows XPSP2. If you have SP3, there are some unsupported tweaks that must be done to allow the driver to run.

A-B's way to get around these complications is the dedicated-purpose USB to DH485 protocol converter, part number 1747-UIC. It has a specific driver in RSLinx Classic that is based on DF1 Full Duplex and works in most versions of Windows (XP, Vista, Win7/32).

>The simple setting you need to make is to run RSLinx Classic as an Application in Windows XPSP2. If you have SP3, there are some unsupported tweaks that must be done to allow the driver to run.<

Would you please share what these tweaks are or where to find them? Having the same problem with a C300 Micro running Win XP SP3 and RSLinx Classic.

Set up the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver and I can't see the panel.

> Don't you connect to the PanelView Component terminals over USB only? I don't use those.

This device has USB and an RS232/485 port. Can't seem to get FactoryTalk View Studio with RSLinx Enterprise or straight RSLinx classic to see it on either.

We can access the HTML interface through the USB port. I'm looking into converting our FactoryTalk View Studio program over to Panelbuilder format, which the c300 can take through its application importer (USB HTML interface). We would rather not have to re-make the application from scratch.

Probably sounds like we're making the operation more complicated than it needs to be. That's where you nice people come in. :p
Searching through documentation from Rockwell, but it's heavy on "look what we can do!" while the "here's how to do it" is less than sparse.