EX20000 FAULT CODE 32767

H

Hydrogen gas

One of our Hitachi H25 gas turbine frame6 with GE Mark5 TMR speedtronic was out due to starting means problem. However the starting means problem is rectified and the unit was successful run up but the field breaker was closed manually but the bus and gen voltages were 11.2kV and 10.2kV respectively. The gen voltage never exceed 10.2kV when raised manual. On the HMI ex2000 error code 32767 is standing making it not to change to AVR mode from FVR.

Fellows I need solutions to the persisting problem.

I think the error code is not correct. Where did you saw the fault code? Is it on the IOS or HMI?

Cross check the fault code with GEH-6121B to check what is the problem. I believe something is not working correctly as you mentioned that the field breaker has to be closed manually.

Good luck!

H

Hydrogen gas

The error code is on the HMI (Gen/Exciter window). the error is be reflected as unknown ex2000 fault code. As per the GEH-6121B manual, l do not have it, could upload the soft copy in my e-mail [email protected] to further assist in the troubleshooting exercise. Your kind help shall be appreciated. Thanks for your interest. Necessary details will be made available when needed Sir.

Hydrogen gas,

32767 is at one end of the "list" of possible alarm drop numbers; while not impossible, it's highly unlikely the actual drop number is 32767. It's more likely that there is some miscommunication between the EX and the HMI.

What other Process Alarms were annunciated by the Speedtronic during start-up? Usually, there are some permissives (logic; sequencing; application code) that check to be sure the exciter can be shifted from Manual to Auto Regulator. (Quite often, exciters are enabled at less than rated speed in Manual Regulator, and then switched to Auto Regulator when near or at rated speed.)

If this is the case at your site, then there should be some Process Alarm to indicate why the exciter was not or could not be shifted from Manual Mode to Auto Mode.

Since the Speedtronic is being applied on a non-GE machine, it's very likely that there is some non-GE logic/sequencing/application code which is in the Speedtronic. We can't comment specifically because we can't examine the application code in the Mark VI at your site. We can only provide some indication of what the problem might be.

Also, there might be some other permissives in the EX regulator control system that are preventing a transfer from Manual- to Auto Regulator. Again, without being able to see the control logic in use at your site, we aren't able to offer much in the way of specific troubleshooting help.

Does the EX at your site use a COI or some other user interface that can be used to obtain information about problems and sequencing?

Please write back to let us know that the problem is ultimately determined to be.

H

hydrogen gas

there is status-s communication link failed alarm in the process alarm as asked. what can be done. can u pls help upload the geh 6121b soft copy.

I have sent the manuals to your email. Good luck with troubleshooting. Try to perform a hard reset when the unit is on shutdown. Since the problem might be complicated as the unit was not running for sometime, I would propose to get a GE exciter TA to look at the problem.

Good luck!

H

Hydrogen gas

Thanks for the manuals you uploaded into my e-mail box. I will go through the materials.

Our exciter is a brushless one. On the process alarm the status-s communication link failed standing the HMI interface.

H

Hydrogen gas

---- snip ----
> What other Process Alarms were annunciated by the Speedtronic during
> start-up? Usually, there are some permissives (logic; sequencing;
> application code) that check to be sure

Our ex2000 is a brushless exciter.Also status-s communication link failed is standing on the HMI.