RS Logix install

S

stress911

Installation Day 1:

Found out my computer hates RS Logix 5000 ver19.
RSL5K dropping out of install without any notice.
Finally after third try and uninstalling everything Allen Bradley on computer. It lets me know that it's creating giant log files as to everything it did trying.
Trying to decipher what is issue.

Installation Day 2:

Found some issues with RS Logix 5000 ver19, it want's to be surrounded with all new Factory Talk software and bath in the warm glow of the latest Microsoft Framework.
Updating.......

Couldn't it throw me a bone and show what it needs before cutting out and giving up on install?

Do not back out. Just ensure the following.

Generally, Siemens & Rockwell hate each other - not people but softwares. So, if you have any siemens software loaded on to the laptop, your AB software might not get loaded properly or work properly. (i faced these issues with it before. Then i manually run RSLinx whenever i need it, otherwise, i close this application completely. Then it started working.

Secondly, try to check for the system requirements. Try to download the v19.0 white paper / notes from Rockwell Automation. Are you having any L7x controllers? If yes, go for this version. Also, check if your laptop is having Windows 7? There are white papers on AB website for v19.0 installation instructions related to each operating system. Please go through the same.

Best of luck.

sastry MRKS
[email protected]