Fail to close 11 KV, 2650 A SF6 Circuit Breaker

M

MHM

We have a problem in our 11 KV,2650 A SF6 Circuit Breaker which is manufactured by AREVA (Recently it is converted to Schneider). We can't Close the breaker either manually or electrically. When we give a close command either manually or electrically, it is trip. at this time the closing coil is in intermediate position not in fully charged or fully discharged position.

How can we solve the problem. plz give me a solution plzzzz

There was a similar kind of problem at our site too. The breaker contacts were not getting closed completely. It was found that a mechanical latch of the breaker's gear system had broken which prevented the breaker from closing.

SO just inspect the breaker's mechanical gear system (if thats being used in your breaker too.)

Thanks Corso,but anti pumping circuit will be a considerable thing if we close the breaker by electrical command. how it related to manual close. in manual close we close the breaker without any electrical circuit.

so plz reply to me.

Thanks for ur reply.But in our breaker there is no gear mechanism. so what thing i can check ??

I am waiting for your valuable reply.
BR
MHM

MHM... you haven't provided much detail. So I will guess as to the breaker type.

If the breaker is an indoor, horizontal-withdrawable type, then inspect the mechanical interlock between the breaker and the shutter that blanks-off the opening to the "energized" bus stabs, when breaker is extracted!

Although its primary function is to prevent insertion of the chassis with the breaker-contacts inadvertently closed, it may prevent breaker-operation if the chassis is improperly aligned.

Regards, Phil