MK-VI Historian

M

me

Can any body tell me how to increase life of "Trip_Log_Live" in Historian of Mark-VI. Currently data is available for three days.

"LIFE" configuration file is also present in the Historian folder. What is function of the file?

Guide in detail please.

Dear ME,

there is no way that I am aware of to increase the storage time of the Trip_Log_Live files. The historian service automatically deletes the files after 3 days, and this is not configurable that I have found. As a workaround I added a batch file that copies all files from the triplog live folder into an "archive" folder so that I can keep them for a longer period of time. Then you can either delete them manually or add some other code to delete files older than "X" number of days for you.

If someone knows of a better way I would appreciate hearing it.

Dear MKVI.

Thank you very much for your precious info.
Can I get that batch file to save data for longer time.

Dear Waseem,

Thanks for your reply.
We did not try OPC. Simplest is to increase life span of history data in configuration.

Zahid,

when I return to work next week I will post the batch file here. Also to run the batch file I use cimplicity to run it as a daily task. Are you familiar with that part of cimplicity? If not I think I can post that. I can't recall if win2k has a task scheduler or not, that may have been why I used cimplicity. I will get more information to you next week.

Zahid,
Here is the batch file I use:

xcopy E:\Data_Historian\G1_TripLog_LIVE\*.* e:\Archive_Data\*.* /d /y /s /e
xcopy E:\Data_Historian\G2_TripLog_LIVE\*.* e:\Archive_Data\*.* /d /y /s /e

It copies everthing from the "Data_Historian" folder to the "Archive_Data" folder. You will need to create a folder called "Archive_Data and make it a shared folder if you want to view the contents from other machines.

I use the windows task scheduler to execute this batch file daily. I have a visual basic code file that I use to delete files for me over a month old, or you can manually delete files as desired.

Dear MKVI,

Thank you very much. Let me know plz how to treat with Cimplicity to run the batch file.

Can u send me brief procedure though e-mail.

Regards