MARK V Voter mismatch Alarm

M

mahmoud Sallam

we have steam turbine machine, with Mark v TMR, operated with <I> one diagnostic alarm is: C 2362 Voter mismatch, <S> L3CPDL is presist

<i> Maybe persistent or persists or present? - Moderator</i>

I have checked the prevoted data display found core S reading is differ than R&T. the signal is not exist on IO.ASG and not on the rung display (CSP). how i get rid of that alarm?

look after CPD transmitter that lands to S core. You will see negative values creates that diagnostic. Unfortunately CPD lower diagnostic limit cant be set to - values.

Congratulations for only having one Diagnostic Alarm--and also for wanting to resolve the Diagnostic Alarm!

CPD refers to gas turbine axial Compressor Pressure, Discharge (or Compressor Discharge Pressure). The reason you don't see it IO.ASG is because steam turbines don't have axial compressors, and don't have CPD transducer inputs.

Unfortunately, the logic signal is typically generated in firmware on the TCEA card. Since there's nothing "driving" the logic signal, what probably happened was something (a re-boot, a download, who knows?) caused L3CPDL to go to a logic "1", and nothing's driving it back to a logic "0".

This should not affect anything in the steam turbine operation. If you search the CSP for any occurrences of L3CPDL, you shouldn't find any.

My suggestion would be to try re-booting that TCEA card (using the switch in the <PD> core). Presuming there are no other Diagnostic Alarms, and all three processors (<R>, <S>, and <T>) and the other two protective processors (<X> and <Z>) are all healthy, it won't hurt anything to re-boot the <Y> TCEA card (since it takes two out of three protective processors to trip the turbine). That should re-set the bit for L3CPDL in <Y> and that should resolve the alarm.

Again, good on you for taking the initiative to resolve the Diagnostic Alarm!

Let us know how this turns out for you!

M

mahmoud sallam

> Again, good on you for taking the initiative to resolve the Diagnostic Alarm!

> Let us know how this turns out for you!

thanks all for help.
I will try to reset the TCEA card next opportunity (during machine shut down), because as you say it is not harmful alarm.

regards