Danfoss VLT 5000 - FC302

S

Steven

Hi all,

We have on site a system which is now about 12 years old. The system has a Siemens S-7 plc with HMI and 20 Danfoss VLT 5000 drives, each drive is addressed from 1- 20 so that each drives speed can be adjusted from the HMI as an individual. In the past when a VLT 5000 drive fails we copy the parameters to the LCP, remove the failed drive and install a new or repaired drive and down load the parameters from the LCP to the drive.

Problem is that the VLT 5000 drives are no longer available and are too expensive to repair and we have 1 drive that has failed and the motor is connect dol (50hz).?

We are going to use Danfoss FC302 drives as there replacement. I have installed one into our system, it starts, stops and runs ok, but i cannot control the speed at the HMI. The speed although is being set at 72% by pin 53, which relates back to Reference 3-15 which i have set on 1. If i change 3-15 to 0 the drive runs at 60% which is what i have set the Min. speed at on ref. 3-10. I am sure all parameters on the FC302 are set correct, but not sur if the S-7 need sand programing changes?

I could write on for hours about what i have done but most of it would be common sense, but you need to know something i will provide any more info.

I would like any info on this drive change over and setting up of these systems.?