Installing RSLogix V16

R

Rickwell

Hi to all,

I'm a newbie here and tried to search before posting but I could not find any related topics for my search. Anyway I'm trying to install a RSLogix V16 and I kept getting an error message "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\Install Logs\Rockwell Automation Software Setup - 11222011080809.log" click Ok and it exit without installing the software. not sure exactly what this error message but I would really appreciate it very much if I can pass through this error.

D

David Ferguson

It is failing installation and creating an error log. You can look at the log and near the end (or beginning) cannot remember is what caused the install to fail.

You can also go to www.rockwellautomation.com and search the knowledgebase, or call your Distributor, or call Tech Support if paid.

Could be anything from what Operating system to hardware on that box etc. I have not had any install issues so my guess is the box.......remember V16 is 3 and almost 4 Major revisions old.

Dave Ferguson
control Systems Engineer

B

Bob Peterson

It could be just about anything. Best bet is to call AB tech support and ask them for help. Keep in mind this is an old version of this software. It may not work if you are trying to install it on a windows 7 machine.