MARK VI Back Up HMI

Y

YZ

I want to prepare a back up machine for MARK VI HMI which can be hooked up/plugged in to my system (which has two servers) in case of a disaster. By disaster, I mean failure of any of our current server. From where should I start?

J
YZ,

I believe you should be able to locate support at GE Controls Connect web portal. I have included instructions below for how to access the site.

John

I am the Product Line Leader for Services at GE Measurement and Controls. As noted below, the Controls Connect portal has significant functionality at no cost.
CONTROLS CONNECT NOTE: If you have a GE SSO# and are a GE turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, please send me an email with the subject "Controls Connect Access" and include your SSO#, Name and Company. Please note that we do not accept generic email addresses (e.g. @yahoo, @hotmail, @gmail, etc). Company based email addresses are required for security reasons. Your registration will take approximately 3 days. If you do not have a GE SSO# you can register at http://site.ge-energy.com/online_tools/controls_connect.htm or just perform a Google search on "Controls Connect". Just click on the register button to start the process. Registration forms should require less than 5 minutes to complete. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]
In Controls Connect you can search the knowledge database for similar issues, find manuals, TILS, white papers, etc or phone/email the technical support team directly. This is a FREE service. I hope it helps.

I have successfully backed up GE HMI machines using Acronis software. I cloned the disk and then restored it in a spare GE machine in less than an hour. It is extremely simple but the machine that you are backing up has to be shut down to use to boot from the Actronis bootable media.