alarm and trip

M

Mohamed

can any one Explanation this equation for alarm and trip point of exhaust gas for trip

((\\CRM1SVR\G1.TTKOT2 + \\CRM1SVR\G1.TTRXB) MIN \\CRM1SVR\G1.TTKOT1) * 100 / 1050

for alarm

(\\CRM1SVR\G1.TTKOT3 + \\CRM1SVR\G1.TTRXB) * 100 / 1050

Can you please provide the frame size for your GT? The equation that you have stated gives the over temperature trip and alarm settings for a GT. I shall explain the same for a frame V machine.

L86TXT- Over temperature trip. This logic is actuated when one of the two following conditions occur:

1. TTXM >= (TTRXB+TTKOT2)
i.e. Mean exhaust temperature (TTXM) exceeds speed biased temperature control reference (TTRXB) by an amount equal to or greater than a constant (TTKOT2)of 40 degree F.

2. TTXM >= TTKOT1
i.e. Mean exhaust temperature (TTXM) exceeds isothermal temperature setting (TTKOT1) which could be about 1095 degree F or whatever you set it at.

In both these cases, as mentioned above, L86TXT becomes 1 and trips the GT. You get an annunciation of "Over temperature trip"

L30TXA- Over temperature alarm is actuated when:

TTXM >= (TTRXB+TTKOT3)

i.e. TTXM exceeds over temperature alarm setting which is 25 degree F.

> Can you please provide the frame size for your GT? The equation that you have
> stated gives the over temperature trip and alarm settings for a GT.

the frame is 6FA

I think the original poster neglected to tell us that the formulae above came from the CIMPLICITY displays.

GE has this really annoying "feature" of the Exhaust Temp display that causes an individual T/C's bar graph to turn yellow or red. And many operators believe that the Speedtronic should also be alarming when this happens.

The Speedtronic alarms/trips when the average (of all the exhaust temps) exceeds the alarm/trip levels.

I'm not familiar with the mathematical expressions which can be used in CIMPLICITY, but the HMI shouldn't be detecting an exhaust overtemperature alarm or trip. That's ***NOT*** the function of the HMI. It's the function of the Speedtronic.